Ammonia spike in well water??

• Jenn27
  • Jenn27's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Meet Groucho....my spoiled Tiger O!!
  • Thank you received: 20

Jenn27 created the topic: Ammonia spike in well water??

I recently had my well water treated for bacteria. They said they treated with sodium chloride, I think. Can that cause an ammonia spike in my tap water? I have never had ammonia in my tap water before. I am going to wait a few days before doing a water change, and now I will definitely have to wait before setting up my new aquarium.

We have had our Groucho (Tiger O) for over a year now...have watched him grow from 2 inches to pushing 11 inches! LOVE watching him swim around in his little 55 gal world. :lol: We also have a fancy goldfish and a black moor in a separate tank. We love our fishies!...[IMG]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: Ammonia spike in well water??

best way to tell would be to test your well water ...

• Jenn27
  • Jenn27's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Meet Groucho....my spoiled Tiger O!!
  • Thank you received: 20

Jenn27 replied the topic: Ammonia spike in well water??

I did. lol My well water normally has no ammonia at all. I had it treated two days ago, and now it is reading between 0.5 and 1.0 ppm on my API liquid test kit.

I was just trying to see if anyone else have ever experienced this. I just wanted to see if it may be caused by the treatment since the treatment used chlorine to kill off all the bacteria in the well. :)

We have had our Groucho (Tiger O) for over a year now...have watched him grow from 2 inches to pushing 11 inches! LOVE watching him swim around in his little 55 gal world. :lol: We also have a fancy goldfish and a black moor in a separate tank. We love our fishies!...[IMG]

• dimmy
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • don't worry. eat ice-cream
  • Thank you received: 7

dimmy replied the topic: Ammonia spike in well water??

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds