Stupid newb just discovered the master kit...

• Popss
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Popss replied the topic: Stupid newb just discovered the master kit...

do not touch for a day or 2. you should be registering nitrate, if not then ammonia and or nitrite. again can not get a accurate accounting of your tank right after WC. needs a day or 2. be sure to keep primed. its good for 48 hours so going 2 days not an issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dsmalex97
  • dsmalex97's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

dsmalex97 replied the topic: Stupid newb just discovered the master kit...

What do you mean keep it primed? I don't have any. I just conditioned the water and dropped him in.

How often do you think I should do partial WC's? Like every 2 days do like 50%?

• Popss
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Popss replied the topic: Stupid newb just discovered the master kit...

sorry standered for most is Seachem Prime, but what ever conditioner you are using long as you are using it should be fine.

as for WC let your water tests let you know, this is why we take them. but if you where to say do no water tests? every 2 no later than 3 days i would do a 75%. leaves no room for error on your fish. again conditioning tank before adding the water every time. This aint rocket science shit, do the water changes and all is good. and my fish personally seem to love a good water change, get all uppity and stuff, looking for dredged food and just plain alright!!! shower time!!

I highly suggest you get some prime. as far as i am concerned nothing better for water conditioning.

• dsmalex97
  • dsmalex97's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

dsmalex97 replied the topic: Stupid newb just discovered the master kit...

Popss wrote: sorry standered for most is Seachem Prime, but what ever conditioner you are using long as you are using it should be fine.

as for WC let your water tests let you know, this is why we take them. but if you where to say do no water tests? every 2 no later than 3 days i would do a 75%. leaves no room for error on your fish. again conditioning tank before adding the water every time. This aint rocket science shit, do the water changes and all is good. and my fish personally seem to love a good water change, get all uppity and stuff, looking for dredged food and just plain alright!!! shower time!!

I highly suggest you get some prime. as far as i am concerned nothing better for water conditioning.

I know it's not rocket science lol, but I want to know how things work rather then just listen to people telling me what to do and going along with it. I like understanding why that's all.

But yeah, he seemed to love his as well! It was kinda funny actually the substrate-less bottom freaked him out a bit. He was swimming along on his side feeling the smoothness I guess. Once he realized it was the same tank and all he was back to begging for food like always!

I checked the nitrates again and they're fine. I'm going to stick to doing 50% changes from here on out every couple of days. But like you said I'm going to check the water before I do so to know where I stand. Hopefully I can get down to maybe a once a week thing if I keep up with vacuuming out the bottom.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds