What water condition do you use?

• Nyx
  • Nyx's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16

Nyx created the topic: What water condition do you use?

So I'm getting low on water conditioner and before I purchase more I wanted to know what kind you guys use and why.
I've noticed that seachem prime is pretty popular here, what are the benefits? Why chose seachem?

I've been using just some basic aqueon water conditioner in my big tanks and an api stress coat water conditioner for my betta tanks.

So I wanted to get some feedback before I purchased more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: What water condition do you use?

Tetra AquaSafe. Have used this product for decades; I live in Philly, & my tap H2O can sometimes have a VERY powerful "bleachy" smell, particularly after heavy rains/snow, takes out the chlorine immediately. Great stuff, HIGHLY recommend.

www.tetra.net/de/en/tropische-fische/pflege/wasserpflege/tetra-aquasafe

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Thank you received: 581

Suprd71 replied the topic: What water condition do you use?

Due to the number of tanks and volume of water I go through, I use the powder form, Seachem Safe. Higher concentration than Prime. More bang for the buck in my case. When you get your big tank going this may be the best option for you.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Thank you received: 218

DBLN8 replied the topic: What water condition do you use?

• Thank you received: 203

Big-Ken replied the topic: Re:What water condition do you use?

Seachem Safe here as well, i buy the big container and refill my smaller ones from it

• gorgoroth
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Evil IT Administrator
  • Thank you received: 80

gorgoroth replied the topic: Re:What water condition do you use?

easy life and aquasafe, every waterchange i do i switch between them.

160 gallon south american
190 gallon malawi

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Re:What water condition do you use?

Straight sodium thisolfate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

• Nyx
  • Nyx's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16

Nyx replied the topic: What water condition do you use?

thanks for responding everyone! it seems like there is alittle bit of a variety used here.

@Darth, ived use the tetra aquasafe before when i only had betta tanks/bowl. i liked it but it always seemed to leave a film on the surface of the water in my 2.5gallon bowl i had. that was probably due to no water movement and adding to much on my part. daily water changes on the bowl and i often ended up not paying attention and putting a bit too much in. but i may give it another shot after i do some price comparing.

@Suprd, the powdered sounds interesting. ive never really thought of it before. also i think you may have me confused with someone else. you mentioned when i have my big tank up and running? i already have had all my tanks up and running for a while now :) i have a 75gal (oscar), a 55gal (goldfish), 3 5gals, and a 4 gal (all bettas). but thanks for your advice.

@ehall, i love the straight up sodium theosulfate. at work we put it in the sump pumps. do you just add yours directly to the tank? how do you use it?

and thanks again for all the responces! the 2 ive mentioned using, would anyone recommend not using them for any reason? sorry for all the questions, i like to pick your brains on stuff like this so i can learn and form my own opinions on products.

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Re:What water condition do you use?

I buy the powder for cheep and mix it with distilled water in a gal jug and shake then I put it in a spray bottle and use it to spray in tanks when I change them. A spray per about 10 gals I say some times I do a tad more. It's big out here as many people have tons of tank (some with 500+) so it just works I have used it for about umm 2 years and never saw anything bad

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

• Thank you received: 203

Big-Ken replied the topic: Re:What water condition do you use?

ehall67 wrote: I buy the powder for cheep and mix it with distilled water in a gal jug and shake then I put it in a spray bottle and use it to spray in tanks when I change them. A spray per about 10 gals I say some times I do a tad more. It's big out here as many people have tons of tank (some with 500+) so it just works I have used it for about umm 2 years and never saw anything bad

Thats interesting Ed ive always shied away from it because it doesnt have the ammonia binding properties and i was worried about the ammonia thats released from breaking the chloramine bond, next time you do a water change can you run an ammonia test after the change im curious about the results

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds