nitrates at 0?

• Thank you received: 40

ehh created the topic: nitrates at 0?

so bought a nitrate test kit to see how long i can go between water changes in my 75 with the 10" red devil. and my nitrates are at 0?

any thoughts? last water change was on 4-11 and i did about 30%. i use prime, does that have affect? i know it does with the ammonia reading.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: nitrates at 0?

Shake bottle number 2 like your life depended on it (upside down, tap bottom on counter, etc.) for 2-3 minutes. There are zinc particles that clump up when you don't use it for more than 7 days or so. You will see the actual clear particles as it comes out if you hold the bottle a certain way to the light.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ehh

ehh replied the topic: nitrates at 0?

Rocksor wrote: Shake bottle number 2 like your life depended on it (upside down, tap bottom on counter, etc.) for 2-3 minutes. There are zinc particles that clump up when you don't use it for more than 7 days or so. You will see the actual clear particles as it comes out if you hold the bottle a certain way to the light.

haha this box had dust on it when i bought it. will report back in a few minutes. thanks rock!

ehh replied the topic: nitrates at 0?

it worked. now i have to do a water change haha.

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: nitrates at 0?

well you did get good news that the kit worked.....now the bad news -> water change time......ha ha ha

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds