RO Water and Mineral replacements

• Sosban Fach
  • Sosban Fach's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18

Sosban Fach created the topic: RO Water and Mineral replacements

Hi,

Just a little discovery Iv'e made thought I'd share with those useing RO water or considering RO water.

The general consensus is that once youve got your RO water you mix with tap water to get your minerals back in.

Personally I have been keeping my mix ratio as low as possible because the nitrates out of my tap are ridiculous. It also seems a bit daft to produce all that RO water then effectivley reverse the process. Plus there has been no specific recomendations of what minerals you need or how much and most recomendations that are made have been from people that don't actually use RO water in the first place.

At the end of the day Im'm fairly suire I speak for everyone (without plants) when I say no-one wants to add nitrates to there tank.

Well Iv'e found this product. That no-one has mentioned so Im guessing no one else it useing it.

www.seachem.com/Products/product_pages/FreshTrace.html

Trace elements includeing minerals with recomended dosage. Job done no need to mix and put nitrates back in ot your RO water. This means water changes with 0 Nitrates going into the tank.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: RO Water and Mineral replacements

• Sosban Fach
  • Sosban Fach's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18

Sosban Fach replied the topic: RO Water and Mineral replacements

I didn't see that stuff.

It's got alot higher percentages of certain elements and does specifically say suitable for south american cichlids. Thanks I think I will switch over once ive finished the bottle im currently useing.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds