Water ?

• Thank you received: 195

jmunroe replied the topic: Re:Water ?

Where in canada are you? I'm on the east coast of canada and they sell API here.

Go do a water change - the solution to pollution is dilution.
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 583

Suprd71 replied the topic: Water ?

I have used the Nutrafin nitrate kit, it is accurate compared to the API. The best source for Canadians for all things aquarium is petsandsponds.com Based out of Orillia On they carry everything. Best pricing, fast shipping. They carry all API kits, both master and individual.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!
  • Freek
  • Freek's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 0

Freek replied the topic: Water ?

Darth Nandopsis wrote: This is concerning:
Hopefully you weren't giving your Oscars these as a food source......absolutely no nutritional value & carry a wide variety of parasites/pathogens, which will be passed to your fish.
Transferring water from another tank does nothing except transfer dirty water..

They get a regular diet of blood worms, pellets and fresh peas. The fish where to get the tank started NOT AS FOOD SOURCE
As for transfering water I was informed that it would help with cycle
Im in west coast small town not a lot of choice what test kits I get. I'll look on that website thanks
  • Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Water ?

"The fish where to get the tank started NOT AS FOOD SOURCE....... As for transfering water I was informed that it would help with cycle"

Feeder fish can transfer parasites into the water column. Not a good choice as a cycling fish. Giant Danios would be infinitely better.

I don't know who informed you that transferring water from one tank to another would help w/ cycling the filters...they are misinformed. Transferring established media from a mature biological filter to a new filter will help a cycle, not transferring dirty water.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.
  • Freek
  • Freek's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 0

Freek replied the topic: Water ?

I came here looking for help with tank water and not to have my choice picked apart by a dick for an admin
  • Thank you received: 27

Craigsfish replied the topic: Water ?

Hey, If you have the means I recommend you get some kind of bacterial booster. 1st I would do a large water change and de-chlorine it say 75% change. Add some booster as you should already be getting some bacteria colonizing in your filter. Keep an eye on your ammonia levels and keep doing small changes to keep it down, if it gets to high, keep doing 20% changes after the bacteria has been added. Most of the time you will be able to tell when your tank has cycled your water will look amazing crystal clean looking. When it looks like that test again! Good luck man.... keep us updated...
  • Thank you received: 195

jmunroe replied the topic: Re:Water ?

Freek wrote: I came here looking for help with tank water and not to have my choice picked apart by a dick for an admin

I think all he did was give you the sound advice that any member that's well informed and enjoys giving others advice would give. Dirty water from one tank to another does nothing but make your new water dirty and run the risk of nasties being transferred. Feeder fish are very dirty creatures and there is definitely better choices.

Go do a water change - the solution to pollution is dilution.
  • Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: Re:Water ?

no ones here to attack or pick you apart ~ everything that Darth suggested is on the point.
  • Thank you received: 27

Craigsfish replied the topic: Re:Water ?

Well in a way he was" picked apart" what's done is done, he cycled with feeders and that's just what it is, He cant go back from that. So trying to get advise to help out with water issue should be 1st and the most important issue at hand. Not beating him down for his mistakes. Getting his fish safe water should be the most important thing. Telling him all the mistakes he made is not going to fix his immediate problem he is having now!
  • Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Re: Re:Water ?

Freek wrote: I came here looking for help with tank water and not to have my choice picked apart by a dick for an admin

You seem very sensative and your perception is off. You perceive someone giving you advice and educating you on something for future reference as being picked apart ? Grow thicker scales

Craigsfish wrote: Well in a way he was" picked apart" what's done is done, he cycled with feeders and that's just what it is, He cant go back from that. So trying to get advise to help out with water issue should be 1st and the most important issue at hand. Not beating him down for his mistakes. Getting his fish safe water should be the most important thing. Telling him all the mistakes he made is not going to fix his immediate problem he is having now!

However he perceived the advice calling darth a d*ck is unacceptable and isnt tolerated well on this site. I guess thats the beautiful thing about the internet people can say things they probably wouldn't have the guts to say to someone's face
Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds