Why did I

• Craigsfish
  • Craigsfish's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27

Craigsfish created the topic: Why did I

I had some Marineland Aquarium Clarifier in my fish drawer so I decided to use some in my tank knowing it did not need it. My tank has a smoky look now for the last 3 hours. Why did I put that crap in my tank! will it eventually go away within the next few hours or do I need to get the water bucket out? Man that was dumb!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Why did I

Do a WC. AND go get a Python WC'er. Buckets are a thing of the past.

All these products(bacterial booster, clarifier, algae "killer" etc) are totally unnecessary "add-ons" designed to pad the bill.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Why did I

It is causing all the particles to clump up together. It will either descend to the substrate or clog up your filters. So you have to siphon out all the clumped up particles.

• Craigsfish
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Craigsfish replied the topic: Why did I

Its slowly clearing up

• Thank you received: 97

ernie replied the topic: Re:Why did I

I used that once never again, does nothing will clear up after a couple of water changes

• Craigsfish
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Craigsfish replied the topic: Why did I

Darth Nandopsis wrote: Do a WC. AND go get a Python WC'er. Buckets are a thing of the past.

All these products(bacterial booster, clarifier, algae "killer" etc) are totally unnecessary "add-ons" designed to pad the bill.

Yeah I am still kind of "old school" with the bucket. At the moment I only a 55g so the siphon and bucket works for me, when I get my larger tank will definitely purchase the python. just did a cleaning and water change yesterday looks like I'm doing one tomorrow also as that crap made my water cloudy. Its going directly to the trash can. You would think since I already had a crystal clear tank before I added it that it would do nothing, cant believe it clouded the water...what a gimmick, they prob. want you to buy another chemical to claim it will fix the previous, lol....

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds