New Seachem Safe Instructions

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: New Seachem Safe Instructions

Another thing I do for extra safety is let incoming water flow from above the tank water level. This lets the chlorine de-gas thru splashing and bubbling. Just pinch the Python tube between tank lids. Works well till the last few inches of water.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 203

Big-Ken replied the topic: Re:New Seachem Safe Instructions

Lammergeier wrote: So, what this means is that I need to add ~1/7 of a teaspoon to my big tank? Hah! That's awesome. How on earth do I add Safe to the hospital tank though, it's a 55 gal, so I'm looking at... 1/25th of a teaspoon.

I have 1kg of safe. It's going to last me forever.

Again as Rock stated you really need to know how much chlorine/chloramine your water dept is adding to determine your dosage, the new dosage rock posted only removes 1ppm per 300 gallons

So really nothing has changed they are just clarifying dosing instructions for tap water with lesser amounts of chlorine/chloramine

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:New Seachem Safe Instructions

Bah, I thought I included it in my last post. I have 1ppm of chlorine in my water, no chloramine. The instructions have changed a bit though, even though the formula hasn't. 1.25g/300gal for 1ppm is equivalent to 5g/300gal for 4ppm, and on my tub of safe (with old instructions) it says to use 5g/200gal for 4ppm of chlorine.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds