Opie vs the driftwood... an ongoing battle!

  • Brooksie
  • Brooksie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have you loved your fish today?
  • Posts: 3509
  • Karma: 13
  • Thank you received: 42

Brooksie created the topic: Opie vs the driftwood... an ongoing battle!

Once upon a time there was an Oscar, Opie and a piece of driftwood. They lived happily together in a wonderful waterworld ... the driftwood quietly sitting in the corner while Opie swam playfully under the driftwood and over the driftwood.

Then one day Opie decided that the driftwood had to go. There was no explanation but Opie made it his mission rid their waterworld of this nasty piece of driftwood.

Below is a picture of the driftwood, with it's base covered nicely.



Now you can see what he has done to this nasty piece of driftwood! :woohoo: The base is sticking out now, because Opie has spent days removing the rocks from the backside and underneath the base. He spends hours upon hours doing this..... Stopping now and again to attack the driftwood!



Every once in awhile, a giant comes along with her plastic tube shaped sword and covers the base of the driftwood again, helping to comfort it and secure its place in the waterworld.... and giving Opie more digging to do. Opie wants to fight off the giant but knows that this is the same giant that brings him blood worms, meal worms, pellets and most importantly - feeders! So they go round and round, digging, covering, digging.... how this ends, no one knows. But the driftwood still stands strong in the corner.... while Opie, on occasion, swims lovingly under it and over it.... until the digging starts again.

The end... but not the end!

There is a fine line between sanity and insanity.... Come walk it with me!
#121826

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • PAUL
  • PAUL's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

PAUL replied the topic: Re: Opie vs the driftwood... an ongoing battle!

hey Carie... welcome to this world of oscar....:P :P :P :P :P :P
Opie had practice the normal oscar thing...bulldozing all substrates..
and then try to test if she can throw the driftwood... by moving the substrates,
sometimes they throw them back where they were before and move again the other
way around... i enjoy watching my three o doing things just like that....
#121829

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Brooksie
  • Brooksie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have you loved your fish today?
  • Posts: 3509
  • Karma: 13
  • Thank you received: 42

Brooksie replied the topic: Re: Opie vs the driftwood... an ongoing battle!

It is fun to watch... I had a video of him really trying to move the driftwood - he worked on it for about 5 mins but I accidently deleted it! :ohmy:

There is a bubble wand behind the driftwood that use to be covered by the gravel, it is now totally uncovered! He has dug a deep hole under the driftwood on the back side of the tank but I can't get a pic of it because of the location.

I know this is their normal behavior... I just love watching it, then undoing it all so they have to do it again!! The evil side of me !! :evil:

Plus.... another excuse to post a video!

There is a fine line between sanity and insanity.... Come walk it with me!
#121831

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 11889
  • Karma: 9
  • Thank you received: 237

Noddy replied the topic: Re: Opie vs the driftwood... an ongoing battle!

Hey, B!

I kinda saw this thread coming, after i was on your YT channel this afternoon.;)
I'm impressed by the quality of the picture, amazing!
Good job!

btw Thank you too!;) ;) ;) :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
What a difference one day came make,eh?:P
#121839

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • sharyn
  • sharyn's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fishy Midwife
  • Posts: 2206
  • Thank you received: 69

sharyn replied the topic: Re: Opie vs the driftwood... an ongoing battle!

That is funny! Opie seems to have given her/him self a job in the tank. Love the way she goes back to report to Red on her progress.
#121847

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • zwilford88
  • zwilford88's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Respect the Oscar! ^_^
  • Posts: 270
  • Thank you received: 7

zwilford88 replied the topic: Re: Opie vs the driftwood... an ongoing battle!

I love the background of your tank! :woohoo:

Love your story, my Oscar Omega has started doing this to the sand. He will dig out the sand around one of the rock formations and then lay inside of the crevice lol. He is such a character. I swear they act like puppies sometimes! :side:

{If you don't want aquatic kids do not get an Oscar!}

2 Albino Oscars (Alpha and Omega)

Alpha- 3 1/2 inches
Omega- 7 inches
#121848

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Brooksie
  • Brooksie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have you loved your fish today?
  • Posts: 3509
  • Karma: 13
  • Thank you received: 42

Brooksie replied the topic: Re: Opie vs the driftwood... an ongoing battle!

I forgot I knew how to do this.... multi-quote in one thread!!

Noddy wrote: Hey, B!

I kinda saw this thread coming, after i was on your YT channel this afternoon.;)
I'm impressed by the quality of the picture, amazing!
Good job!

btw Thank you too!;) ;) ;) :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
What a difference one day came make,eh?:P


Ahh... you cheated a little! Plus as a subscriber of my YouTube you get to see the ones that don't make it on here! Thanks... I love that camera I have!!

And yes, one day can mean the difference between depression and happiness, being poor and being rich etc. Thanks for the support!

sharyn wrote: That is funny! Opie seems to have given her/him self a job in the tank. Love the way she goes back to report to Red on her progress.


Thanks Shaz.... it is very funny to watch. He goes after the slate attached to the bottom of the driftwood constantly... like he is trying to push it or something. And Red just hangs out at the top watching Opie's young antics. Opie goes up and rubs Red's belly... very lovingly these two are.

zwilford88 wrote: I love the background of your tank! :woohoo:

Love your story, my Oscar Omega has started doing this to the sand. He will dig out the sand around one of the rock formations and then lay inside of the crevice lol. He is such a character. I swear they act like puppies sometimes! :side:


It took me 3 months to pick that background! I wanted the right one that I could keep. I love Necromancers the most but he won't come do that to my tank. Here is a pic of what Red did back when I had sand... converted to gravel due to problems dealing with the sand and the sump filter! They dug these holes in every corner of the tank... nearly every night! (FYI, this is Red and his brother, the tiger that jumped out of the tank)


There is a fine line between sanity and insanity.... Come walk it with me!
#121877

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • zwilford88
  • zwilford88's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Respect the Oscar! ^_^
  • Posts: 270
  • Thank you received: 7

zwilford88 replied the topic: Re: Opie vs the driftwood... an ongoing battle!

Brooksie wrote: I forgot I knew how to do this.... multi-quote in one thread!!

Noddy wrote: Hey, B!

I kinda saw this thread coming, after i was on your YT channel this afternoon.;)
I'm impressed by the quality of the picture, amazing!
Good job!

btw Thank you too!;) ;) ;) :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
What a difference one day came make,eh?:P


Ahh... you cheated a little! Plus as a subscriber of my YouTube you get to see the ones that don't make it on here! Thanks... I love that camera I have!!

And yes, one day can mean the difference between depression and happiness, being poor and being rich etc. Thanks for the support!

sharyn wrote: That is funny! Opie seems to have given her/him self a job in the tank. Love the way she goes back to report to Red on her progress.


Thanks Shaz.... it is very funny to watch. He goes after the slate attached to the bottom of the driftwood constantly... like he is trying to push it or something. And Red just hangs out at the top watching Opie's young antics. Opie goes up and rubs Red's belly... very lovingly these two are.

zwilford88 wrote: I love the background of your tank! :woohoo:

Love your story, my Oscar Omega has started doing this to the sand. He will dig out the sand around one of the rock formations and then lay inside of the crevice lol. He is such a character. I swear they act like puppies sometimes! :side:


It took me 3 months to pick that background! I wanted the right one that I could keep. I love Necromancers the most but he won't come do that to my tank. Here is a pic of what Red did back when I had sand... converted to gravel due to problems dealing with the sand and the sump filter! They dug these holes in every corner of the tank... nearly every night! (FYI, this is Red and his brother, the tiger that jumped out of the tank)



Mine does the same thing, they bed down in the hole lol

{If you don't want aquatic kids do not get an Oscar!}

2 Albino Oscars (Alpha and Omega)

Alpha- 3 1/2 inches
Omega- 7 inches
#121879

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Brooksie
  • Brooksie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have you loved your fish today?
  • Posts: 3509
  • Karma: 13
  • Thank you received: 42

Brooksie replied the topic: Re: Opie vs the driftwood... an ongoing battle!

You can see them here doing just that.... and Red is in the background with sand all over him!!


There is a fine line between sanity and insanity.... Come walk it with me!
#121884

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • zwilford88
  • zwilford88's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Respect the Oscar! ^_^
  • Posts: 270
  • Thank you received: 7

zwilford88 replied the topic: Re: Opie vs the driftwood... an ongoing battle!

The day after I added sand to my tank I didnt think about it and when I woke up to check on them they where covered in sand and I started freaking out because I thought I had an insane Ick outbreak lmao, then I remembered and felt really dumb :blush:

{If you don't want aquatic kids do not get an Oscar!}

2 Albino Oscars (Alpha and Omega)

Alpha- 3 1/2 inches
Omega- 7 inches
#121887

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds