× This forum is for photographs of Oscars ONLY

New 75 Gallon lego setup

• Thank you received: 26

dotti90 replied the topic: Re: New 75 Gallon lego setup

Hexclover wrote:

dotti90 wrote: Welcome hopefully your O doesn't see any of the lego as food and try and swallow it =( and also i hope that bong has never been used as it may leech chemicals into the water. also i hope your oscars growth hasnt been stunted =( because he still looks very small for a year old

that bong has either been cleaned very well or it hasn't been used you can tell....

haha lucky you's dont live in australia, big fines apply for having bongs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2

daniel.00 replied the topic: Re: New 75 Gallon lego setup

funny 420 fish you can't even buy bongs in QLD Australia yet i could say there for use in fish tanks i could open a store

• Thank you received: 237

Noddy replied the topic: Re: New 75 Gallon lego setup

dotti90 wrote: haha lucky you's dont live in australia, big fines apply for having bongs

Odd, here you can have as many bongs as yo like in your tank, heck, you can even get the herb like you buy your sweets in the candystore...
If you roll a spliff on the porch of the policestation, the police will not do anything else, but greet you very friendly,. :silly:
And i thought Australia had some kind of legslation policy , like we do in Holland?
i must be very misinformed. :unsure: :unsure:

The pleco is indeed too small to stay in your oscars tank. I have one just like that, but moved it out, once my O's mouth was the size, it could swallow him.
Don't wait to long with moving him out.
btw that Pleco is one that will do very good in moderate temperature tanks, i've kept mine in with my carp and goldfish for a very long time. ;)
Same with the lego, I'm affraid your curious O may try to eat some small pieces.
It looks different and cool though...but my O's health comes first.

• fdriller9
  • fdriller9's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

fdriller9 replied the topic: Re: New 75 Gallon lego setup

dotti90 wrote: Welcome hopefully your O doesn't see any of the lego as food and try and swallow it =( and also i hope that bong has never been used as it may leech chemicals into the water. also i hope your oscars growth hasnt been stunted =( because he still looks very small for a year old

Well to be more exact, it’s been about 7 months. I got him at the end of January of this year. Not sure if that still indicates a stunted O. He was about 2 inches when I got him and now he’s just under 6 inches.

The bong was previously used but it was cleaned very well with a cleaner meant for tar on glass. I used sea salt as an abrasive to get all the tar off. It was in my 29 gallon tank for the duration I had my Oscar and the water parameters and my O did fine I think. Hopefully there aren’t any hidden effects I can’t see.

RoxyTheDog wrote: Very colorful tank your oscars gonna have fun trying to move all that leggo!
Regarding the sand, when i first put it in my tank i had sand on and in everything but after a few weeks of vacuuming most of the finer particles had gone leaving the heavier sand which stays on the bottom where it belongs. If it really bothers you now you could always swap it for a more coarse type.
Having your intake nice and high like you do helps as well :)

Thanks! I used play sand. So I think that’s medium size grain? It looks to be better as time goes on. I’ll wait it out and see if the sand stays put.

bassetman wrote: If your oscar gets listless and just lays about eating chips you may have to take the bong from him, and keep a close eye out for papers. ;)

Lol!

Hexclover wrote: love the bong in the tank :woohoo: ... but why would you put it in your fish tank? :laugh:

I broke the downstem and bowl SO many times I was sick of buying new pieces for it. So I decided, to pop it in the tank. It was also an effort to cut down on smoking. Being a 4th year mechanical engineering major in college, jobs will require drug tests, and I need to pass them lol.

dotti90 wrote: haha lucky you's dont live in australia, big fines apply for having bongs

Lol hey if you have a store filled with tanks of fish and bongs, I’m sure authorities will be puzzled. Haha

daniel.00 wrote: funny 420 fish you can't even buy bongs in QLD Australia yet i could say there for use in fish tanks i could open a store

Didn’t know this! I guess that’s good and bad?

Noddy wrote: Odd, here you can have as many bongs as yo like in your tank, heck, you can even get the herb like you buy your sweets in the candystore...
If you roll a spliff on the porch of the policestation, the police will not do anything else, but greet you very friendly,. :silly:
And i thought Australia had some kind of legslation policy , like we do in Holland?
i must be very misinformed. :unsure: :unsure:

The pleco is indeed too small to stay in your oscars tank. I have one just like that, but moved it out, once my O's mouth was the size, it could swallow him.
Don't wait to long with moving him out.
btw that Pleco is one that will do very good in moderate temperature tanks, i've kept mine in with my carp and goldfish for a very long time. ;)
Same with the lego, I'm affraid your curious O may try to eat some small pieces.
It looks different and cool though...but my O's health comes first.

Thanks! Yea I noticed my O is attacked one of the stand alone lego men. But the rest of the pieces seem fine for now. At least for the size he’s at right now. I’ll keep a close eye on it. This didn’t cross my mind before.

As for the pleco, I want to get a larger one and swap him in there. I have my old 29 gallon that my O and pleco came out of and a 10 gallon I had some community fish in, 2 mollies.
I don’t know if I want to sell my 10g or my 29g. I would love to keep the 29g but I don’t know if I would like having 2 tanks.
My original intentions were to keep the 10g and keep the pleco and some other small fish in there. And stock some feeders for my O as treats. But I know you guys would suggest that I keep the 10g as a feeder tank and either keep/get rid of the 29g.
I don’t know what to do! Lol

Deebo replied the topic: Re: New 75 Gallon lego setup

nice! I see where you got the inspiration for the legos..thumbs up!

CICHLID-AHOLIC

• Thank you received: 2

daniel.00 replied the topic: Re: New 75 Gallon lego setup

in QLD you will be charged for bongs and you roll a J depending on size nice big thick one you will find your self in court any weight over 2grams instant other parts of Australia VIC,WA,SA,TAS,NT are ok you will get off with a warning for a few grams. Australia tries to show how laid back and relaxed we are its all a front

• Thank you received: 182

jnet replied the topic: Re: New 75 Gallon lego setup

personally I dont agree with drugs unless its TEA :) my neighbours smoke cannabis and it just makes me ANGRY :evil: :evil: :evil: But the bong looks great in the tank and if more people used them as ornaments we would all be alot better.

Love the lego great to create a scene to play out in the viewers mind nice idea but I agree my oscars would be throwing the lego men around before long. :)

Your oscar looked to be alright to me but he will def benefit from bigger tank and I would keep the spare tanks if you have room for other fish as you can never have enough tanks :)

I'm living my life, but not necessarily in the right order :)

• brad0h
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • A Hungry Fish Is A Healthy Fish
  • Thank you received: 25

brad0h replied the topic: Re: New 75 Gallon lego setup

Your O looks nice but I agree with whoever said it looks kind of small for a year.. just curious what's your O's diet?

We aren't joking when we say water changes and Prime are the best solution to a problem.

• Thank you received: 237

Noddy replied the topic: Re: New 75 Gallon lego setup

jnet wrote: my neighbours smoke cannabis and it just makes me ANGRY :evil: :evil: :evil: But the bong looks great in the tank and if more people used them as ornaments we would all be alot better.

I guess that's not how it's supposed to be, you shouldn't become angry, your neighbours should become chill!
I guess a cup of tea in Holland is out of the question, then... :(
For everybody smokes all day over here... :dry: :huh: :laugh: :laugh: NOT!

jnet wrote: I would keep the spare tanks if you have room for other fish as you can never have enough tanks :)

There's no such thing as a spare tank in this hobby. ;)

• fdriller9
  • fdriller9's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

fdriller9 replied the topic: Re: New 75 Gallon lego setup

brad0h wrote: Your O looks nice but I agree with whoever said it looks kind of small for a year.. just curious what's your O's diet?

Well I kinda rounded. He's about 8 months old. I have been feeding him just pellets. Hikari gold I think they are called. I didn't want to over feed him so I gave him to little for awhile. That's probably why he's so small.

But reading more on this forum, I found I should be giving him a variety.

So I started giving him flakes (also for the giant dainos I used to cycle the tank). Got some blood worms and brine shrimp as well.

Any other foods that are good to feed him?

I'm decided I'm using the 10 gallon as a feeder tank and the 29g as a community. I can't decide which fish to put in the 29g though....too many decisions.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds