× This forum is for photographs of Oscars ONLY

New 75 Gallon lego setup

• fdriller9
  • fdriller9's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

fdriller9 created the topic: New 75 Gallon lego setup

Hey guys this is my first post here and I wanted to share my new tank setup. I've had my tiger oscar for about a year now in a 29 gallon tank but he quickly outgrew it. I upgraded to a 75 gallon tank and it is just about done cycling....still slightly cloudy. It's been up for about a month and today I acclimated my oscar! Hope he does ok!

There are also 3 zebra dainos in there that I cycled the tank with. And a pleco from my old tank; he's really small. Not sure if it would be a good idea to keep him in there for any longer. I know the dainos will probably get eaten. Especially the smallest one.

Now I have a question. I have a canister filter, magnum 350. I know sand is not really recommended as it can get trapped in the magnet area of the propeller and damage it. But I already set it up so....

What do you guys do about the sand getting into the filter? I have a polishing pad zip tied around the intake grate. But that's kinda expensive. I've heard of using pantyhose/nylons as well. Any thing else?

Thanks!

And yes, that's a bong.
[attachment:1]DSC02821.JPG[/attachment]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brad0h
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • A Hungry Fish Is A Healthy Fish
  • Thank you received: 25

brad0h replied the topic: Re: New 75 Gallon lego setup

The picture doesn't show, hurry up and fix it! :woohoo: And by the way, all the danios will be eaten, my Oscar eats danios in one bite even at a medium small size.

We aren't joking when we say water changes and Prime are the best solution to a problem.

• fdriller9
  • fdriller9's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

fdriller9 replied the topic: Re: New 75 Gallon lego setup

Yea I couldn't figure out how to upload pictures so I just put them on my photobucket account and linked them into the thread. But I just realized that I accidentally made 2 threads.

Pictures are in the other one.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds