× This forum is for photographs of Oscars ONLY

My Oscar .. Red .. being a sleepy fish!

• Brooksie
  • Brooksie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have you loved your fish today?
  • Thank you received: 42

Brooksie created the topic: My Oscar .. Red .. being a sleepy fish!

Cebo reminded me that I haven't put a video of Red on here for awhile. Actually not since he was ill. :blush: :blush: Shame on me. Even though his pic won the August photo contest (thanks again for the votes) that doesn't count as a video update! Plus I've been devoting all my time to my Africans & the babies plus the effort to breed my OB's. Red has been patiently watching from his tank... at least I know where the Brooksie Patience Pants are being used :woohoo: :woohoo:

Anyway... Red is doing well. He's a big boy at 12" long will be 3 years old in November of this year. He lives happily alone in his 75 gallon tank which is kept clean by a built in sump that I love. Red spends his days looking at the beautiful "Pink Floyd Back Catalog" album cover wall hanging that is behind his tank. B)

Onto the video... don't be alarmed by him laying on the bottom - I woke him up!

As always, thanks for checking out my thread! I love hearing your opinions and comments!

Brooksie

There is a fine line between sanity and insanity.... Come walk it with me!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• benmcfadden
  • Loose Lips Sink Ships
  • Thank you received: 877

benmcfadden replied the topic: Re: My Oscar .. Red .. being a sleepy fish!

Big Red is a beast, he looks almost copper and bronze. Good stuff.

Haku, I knew your were good.

• Thank you received: 127

streetsmart73 replied the topic: Re: My Oscar .. Red .. being a sleepy fish!

hi there

1. wow, your red is just awesome.
2. massive body mass.

"somewhere in time ... gone with the wind"

• Thank you received: 297

cebosound replied the topic: Re: My Oscar .. Red .. being a sleepy fish!

brooksie your O is looking great. i always felt it had a unique shaped head.

his movements are slo and majestic. i see you have dimmer lighting now, i am sure your O appreciates that much more. ... and gravel, i thought you were bare bottom these days. though i do like the black and red gravel.

cheers. :cheer:

My YouTube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/cebosound1?blend=1&ob=0

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: Re: My Oscar .. Red .. being a sleepy fish!

Those back fins are lovely, they flow like silk :)

Red is definitely a king amongst red oscars. He's magnificent. He moves so stately as well.

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Re: My Oscar .. Red .. being a sleepy fish!

Reds are by far the best!! he is almost a golden bronze color tho its nice !!

and I love how he woke up and the first thing he did was swim to the top and see if there was any food there!!! hahaha thats hilarious !!!

big boy I cant wait till OZ is over the 12 inch mark !!! and 3 years thats awesome you guys have been together so long !!

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

• Brooksie
  • Brooksie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have you loved your fish today?
  • Thank you received: 42

Brooksie replied the topic: Re: My Oscar .. Red .. being a sleepy fish!

benmcfadden wrote: Big Red is a beast, he looks almost copper and bronze. Good stuff.

Thanks Ben... he's so graceful in the tank too. This video doesn't show it though. And your are right about his color - never thought about it.

streetsmart73 wrote: hi there

1. wow, your red is just awesome.
2. massive body mass.

Hi Street... thank you so much for the compliments, I appreciate it.

cebosound wrote: brooksie your O is looking great. i always felt it had a unique shaped head.

his movements are slo and majestic. i see you have dimmer lighting now, i am sure your O appreciates that much more. ... and gravel, i thought you were bare bottom these days. though i do like the black and red gravel.

cheers. :cheer:

Hey Cebo, he is very graceful isn't he? I never realized his head was shaped different than most. I'll have to pay more attention going forward.

When I had been having problems with the little worms in the tank, I had kicked the idea around about removing the gravel but didn't need to - luckily. I like the color combination of the gravel & him too. ;)

Nina_W wrote: Those back fins are lovely, they flow like silk :)

Red is definitely a king amongst red oscars. He's magnificent. He moves so stately as well.

Thanks Nina! I'm very proud of him. He is the first fish that I bought. It's funny I never thought he'd turn out looking this good since this is what he looked like as a baby... scrawny!! The Tiger Oscar jumped to his death at about 6 months. :(

:laugh: :laugh:

ehall67 wrote: Reds are by far the best!! he is almost a golden bronze color tho its nice !!

and I love how he woke up and the first thing he did was swim to the top and see if there was any food there!!! hahaha thats hilarious !!!

big boy I cant wait till OZ is over the 12 inch mark !!! and 3 years thats awesome you guys have been together so long !!

Thanks Eddie! I think he's pretty cool!

In a post awhile ago I wrote about our cleaning activities. Every weekend when we clean his tank, he swims up & down the sides of his tank from gravel to the top of the water level - non-stop while we clean the gravel and then again while we add water. It's as if he is following the water level constantly. I mean he NEVER stops - up & down he swims. He's actually very alert for 3 years old and pays attention to what we are doing in the kitchen - his tank faces the kitchen. Thanks for checking out my video!

There is a fine line between sanity and insanity.... Come walk it with me!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds