× This forum is for photographs of Oscars ONLY

Baby Oscars!

• newto-oscars
  • newto-oscars's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

newto-oscars created the topic: Baby Oscars!

Post all of your new lovely babies!

This is Poseidon I've only had him for 2 weeks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 581

Suprd71 replied the topic: Baby Oscars!

Yep, thats a neat little fella. I have no babies to show, my Oscars are all over a foot long! A piece of advice or two if I may. Besides a much bigger tank, and asap. Your gravel is looks to be quite thick. Not necessary and actually will contribute to decaying water quality, as it will trap waste and debris. Also, is this setup as new as the fish? I ask to determine if you are cycled or not. Exposing baby cichlids to toxins will show with disastrous results way down the road. Currently, how much and how often are you changing water. A small fish still, but also a small tank, it needs a good flush and fill quite often.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• newto-oscars
  • newto-oscars's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

newto-oscars replied the topic: Baby Oscars!

It's all cycled now I did introduce him a little early but I was also unaware completely of what I was getting myself into. I do 2-3 50% water changes a week. I test the waters to check parameters to see if I need to earlier. The bigger tank is on it's way soon! I'm going with a 75 gallon.

• Thank you received: 581

Suprd71 replied the topic: Baby Oscars!

newto-oscars wrote: It's all cycled now I did introduce him a little early but I was also unaware completely of what I was getting myself into. I do 2-3 50% water changes a week. I test the waters to check parameters to see if I need to earlier. The bigger tank is on it's way soon! I'm going with a 75 gallon.

Good to hear! He will do very well in a 75. Dont forget the heavy filtration needed. I recommend a quality canister like an Eheim 2217 or an API Filstar, plus an Aquaclear 110 hob. Be forewarned.. the day will come when your tiny guy will make 75g look very small. He will be ok for quite a while in 75. Keep us posted on his progress.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!
The following user(s) said Thank You: newto-oscars

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds