Installing driver problems

• OFL
  • OFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL created the topic: Installing driver problems

I'm hoping somebody with some computer know-how will be able to help me. I have a piece of hardware that connects my computer to my amateur radio, it basically allows me to control the radio using the computer. The hardware connects to your computer via USB and when you normally plug it into the computer, it automatically locates the drivers and downloads and installs them. However, I seem to be having a problem in this particular computer, it's telling me that it has not successfully installed the drivers. I suppose anyone knows why it's happening on this computer, but none of my other computers? Is there a setting on the computer that is stopping this from happening?

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Tatum replied the topic: Re: Installing driver problems

OFL wrote: I suppose anyone knows why it's happening on this computer, but none of my other computers?

You might have different OS (Windows versions and/or MAC versions) on the computers.

Info needed:

1. OS of the computer
2. Make and Model of the hardware connector you're referring to. Perhaps you can download updated drivers for it instead of using the generic one.

Regards,

• OFL
  • OFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re: Installing driver problems

It's okay, I have sorted it now. The website that sells the interface hardware also makes the drivers available for download. So I basically downloaded the drivers and then left clicked in device manager and then clicked on update driver and everything is working now. But thanks for the suggestions

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds