Let's check your device for malicious software

• OFL
  • OFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL created the topic: Let's check your device for malicious software

Has anybody had this message appear when trying to log into Facebook? When I tried to log into my Facebook account they this message came up. The basically told me that I had malware on my PC I had to download some software. Well, I'm not downloading anything unless I've got a damn good reason to do so and I know 100% that it's clean and safe

Facebook are telling me that my PC is infected with malware.. So if that's the case, how is it possible for me to sign out of my regular Facebook account and then sign into a second Facebook account using the same computer? Even if my PC was infected with malware, simply don't see how Facebook would know, not unless they have secretly installed something on my computer which is monitoring things. The only conclusion I can come to as they are trying to put me into downloading this piece of software for some reason. Apparently the software is kosher from what I've read, however, it was produced by another company. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Facebook is being paid by this company to get users to install the software. I don't suppose it really bothers Facebook whether the user installs the software voluntarily or whether they install it without really knowing what it is.

I'm not the only person who has encountered this problem, there are various websites online discussing exactly the same problem. I don't need Facebook in my life, I got plenty of other ways to contact people so Facebook can go and jump off a cliff if they think they are going to blackmail me into downloading software.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds