Windows 7

• marcus
  • marcus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

marcus created the topic: Windows 7

i still use windows xp. not really had any problems with it and never see any reason to change. i have tried to use Vista and gave up. I found it worst than xp by a long shot. i even removed my brothers vista and put xp on his new comp I hate vista so much. now 7 arrives. is that the offical way of saying vista was crap. :laugh: was it so bad they couldn't fix it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Be the change that you want to see in the world.
Mohandas Gandhi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Necromancer4
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Parachromis...accept no substitute
  • Thank you received: 78

Necromancer4 replied the topic: Re:Windows 7

ive been using vista for almost 2 years now and i have to say i have had no problems with it for what i do on a computer(which is mostly gamming). i would never go back to xp simply because vista is a lot easier to use imo.

as for windows 7 i am going to be trying it to see what it is like but i have heard a few things about its stability and this has a bit leary about it. but i will try it out with a dual boot setup and see for myself if its worth the change.

Warning..I will offend you at some point!!!

my goal is simple a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re:Windows 7

How easy is it to load another operating system onto a computer that already has an existing system? In other words, have 2 operating systems.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• markybruv
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

markybruv replied the topic: Re:Windows 7

Can windows 7 be dropped (integrated) into vista, or does vista have to be completely un-installed before 7 is loaded??

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re:Windows 7

They are separate operating systems. I was wondering whether or not you could partition your hard drive and install Windows 7, but still have Vista installed. I don't see why that can't be done

I'm afraid that my knowledge of the inside of a computer is rather limited

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Thank you received: 1

Dalton replied the topic: Re:Windows 7

Penn installing 2 OS so lets say u have windows xp and u want windows 7 to its pritty easy u will have to have the full install cd instead of the upgrade cd. and there will be a option right in the menu when installing. basically u have to set ur Bios to boot from a cd then usally F2 when u start up ur computer.. then basically run your install cd. and as for mark yes you can windows 7 will come with a upgrade cd. i know if u bought a computer after july i beleave u get a free upgrade to windows 7. O yea when upgrading your computers if its just a upgrade cd u will loose no data when doing the upgrade. xp by far is the better OS in my opinion. but windows 7 blows vista out of the water.

14 Gallon Biocube Reef tank started Jan. 2, 2012

• Necromancer4
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Parachromis...accept no substitute
  • Thank you received: 78

Necromancer4 replied the topic: Re:Windows 7

well i installed windows 7 on my pc today (still have vista loaded did the dual boot thing) and so far i have to say its basically vista with a face lift. i have been using it simply to surf so far and i have not had any difficulties yet. ill let you know my opinion on it in a week or so.

Warning..I will offend you at some point!!!

my goal is simple a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all

• PAUL
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

PAUL replied the topic: Re:Windows 7

OFL wrote:

They are separate operating systems. I was wondering whether or not you could partition your hard drive and install Windows 7, but still have Vista installed. I don't see why that can't be done

I'm afraid that my knowledge of the inside of a computer is rather limited

my wife and i are using W7 but all our 3 kids are using both. however, i find it
difficult to use their unit because of that dual OS. maybe it is really difficult to
teach on old dog a new tricks :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Brooksie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have you loved your fish today?
  • Thank you received: 42

Brooksie replied the topic: Re:Windows 7

marcus wrote:

i still use windows xp. not really had any problems with it and never see any reason to change. i have tried to use Vista and gave up. I found it worst than xp by a long shot. i even removed my brothers vista and put xp on his new comp I hate vista so much. now 7 arrives. is that the offical way of saying vista was crap. :laugh: was it so bad they couldn't fix it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes it is!! I have Vista and my boyfriend now has Windows 7... I HATE... strong word but let me repeat it so everyone catches it ... HATE ... Vista !!! I have since the minute I brought it home. I strongly believe that Windows 7 is the fix so to speak for Vista.

Vista makes me ... :( :angry: :X

Brooksie

There is a fine line between sanity and insanity.... Come walk it with me!

• Win
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Win replied the topic: Re:Windows 7

lol wouldnt know anything about vista or 7... been rockin out win xp media center edition 2005... since... well... 2005... :D so far it aint broke yet so i dont need to fix it :D

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds