Screen Capture Software

• Omega Oscar Fish
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Getting my first Oscar soon!!!
  • Thank you received: 0

Omega Oscar Fish replied the topic: Re:Screen Capture Software

If you are wanting to take pictures of your screen, than just push the "PrtSc" button, then open a program like paint, and paste it...

If you are wanting to take a video of your screen, than I 100% recommend CamStudio.
Its free, and has no adds in the videos. I used to use it a lot.

And yes, I am a retired computer "nerd"... So I was into all this stuff, and I knew a LOT. Lol

EDIT: Sorry, it seems this topic is already solved...

These aren't dyed oscars ~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TonyT replied the topic: Re:Screen Capture Software

yeah camstudeio is ok, but as its free it has restrictions, time wise and compatabilty wise when trying to use it on websites etc..

I have done a lot of testing and JING did well in all my tests, so much so I recommended it to superiors and we now use it to make educational tutorials...

camstudio has quality issues for me, plus sound issues when using in premier (codec problems)..

JING isnt a lot of money, about £10 for the year, and you wont need the hosting so this is all you'll pay probably... well worth it...

hope this helps..

T

• OFL
  • OFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re:Screen Capture Software

Well, here's my first attempt at a tutorial video. I have a few issues such as why every now and then, it zooms in to a portion of the screen. I would like this to happen, but when I want it to, not for it just to decide it's going to do it by itself for my apparent reason, I'm just wondering if this particular function is triggered by keeping your cursor in the same spot for a period of time? I'm sure someone has an answer. Anyway, feel free to give me any pointers, this is the first tutorial I have ever done. If it doesn't work straight away, give it a little bit of time, sometimes YouTube videos don't work straight away, I think they have to be processed

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

TonyT replied the topic: Re:Screen Capture Software

the content is fine mate, but the quality at full screen (which you'd need to view it at to be able to use it as a tutorial) is poor to say the least... thats youtube for ya, and also possibly the software...

it may be better seeing as how you could host these yourself to consider hosting them on your server, this would mean you could get a lot better quality... at the end of the day tutorials are only of use if you can FULLY understand then, which also includes being able to actually see them clearly...

for better quality you could host them on www.teachertube.com (think its .com) but the problem here is that there are adverts on all the online content unless u pay...

if your going to do this seriously i think you'll need to think how your going to host them.. JING ( www.jingproject.com ) also has a hosting package available with it for about £70 a year I belive, but it means you can have quality tutorials easily spooled, not like youtube where there are sometimes buffering issues..

hope this helps..

T

• OFL
  • OFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re:Screen Capture Software

You are probably right Tony, I just hope that we can put MP4's on it, I will have to check

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds