• OFL
  • OFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 415

OFL created the topic: Facebook WTF!!

What a complete load of crap

I have got a Facebook account, but blimey, what a load of complete tripe it really is. You should see all the shite that people keep posting on my wall, I want to know: the insanely hard quiz, I want to know: how crazy you? :huh:

And then we have people who I haven't spoken to in 26 years answering questions about me. What the f**k do they know about me now, what right have they got to answer questions about me? :unsure: I've also got people sending me Farmville premium gifts, I'm led to believe that this is some kind of virtual farm, what a load of bollocks Facebook is. I know a few people who sit on there 24/7, I can't stand it for more than a few seconds. :angry:

I know somebody who is on there all the time, I'm surprised they get any sleep. It doesn't matter what my status says, usually within a few minutes I am being told this person likes my status. I am going to post something like "been to the doctors today, got a terrible dose of gonorrhea" I'm willing to bet that within a few minutes, they like my status, :laugh: I don't even think they bother reading the status, is just automatically say you like it.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2

MeghanR replied the topic: Re:Facebook WTF!!

farms, maffia wars, blah, blah! I know what you mean! Although I do enjoy keeping in touch with people via facebook.

You can block all that crap from showing. One way to do it is each time you see it, hover your mouse up near the top of the stupid post; a "hide" button will appear and you can then hide the application (farm, mafia, whatever) from ever appearing in your wall. It's brilliant!

You can also block applications from your settings.

• Thank you received: 0

marcus replied the topic: Re: Facebook WTF!!

i have one to, hardly ever use the thing and think the same, crap. no CRAP is more like it. why do people paste things like "I can't sleep" "i am going shopping" sad.

Be the change that you want to see in the world.
Mohandas Gandhi

• Nickisue
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Nickisue replied the topic: Re: Facebook WTF!!

I think it is a great way to keep in touch with people you can't see everyday. But it helps if you know how to use it!

TonyT replied the topic: Re:Facebook WTF!!

facebook is just like any website, theres good bits and bad bits.. just ignore/block the bad bits and enjoy the good bits... simple, its just like life, if you dont like something u dont do it, apply the same rules to facebook and all will be serene and calm again....

there isnt a single website, social networking site etc that can please all the people all of the time, they work on pleasing MOST of the people MOST of the time..

that said, it cant be all bad as its worth more then the national debt of most medium sized countries, not bad for a load of CRAP eh... lol..

I sure wish I have a few loads of it in my garden lol..

Tony (sometimes facebook user)

• OFL
  • OFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 415

OFL replied the topic: Re:Facebook WTF!!

TonyT wrote:

facebook is just like any website, theres good bits and bad bits.. just ignore/block the bad bits and enjoy the good bits... simple, its just like life, if you dont like something u dont do it, apply the same rules to facebook and all will be serene and calm again....

there isnt a single website, social networking site etc that can please all the people all of the time, they work on pleasing MOST of the people MOST of the time..

that said, it cant be all bad as its worth more then the national debt of most medium sized countries, not bad for a load of CRAP eh... lol..

I sure wish I have a few loads of it in my garden lol..

Tony (sometimes facebook user)

Oh really Tony, what about our website, pray tell? :laugh: :laugh: ;) ;)

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

TonyT replied the topic: Re:Facebook WTF!!

yup, even here mate, I dont read everything coz if it doesnt interest me theres no point, I dont read stuff for reading sake, never have never will...

theres bits on the site I'll never use no matter how long I'm here..

HOWEVER, this is not just applicable to this site, but to ALL sites, and not just applicable to me, but to 99.9999999% of all internet users..

its human nature, u dont read all the times for the number 36 but when u only need to know times between 4pm and 5pm do you? (well unless ur special of are a savant(SP) or something)

T

• Thank you received: 237

Noddy replied the topic: Re:Facebook WTF!!

True, farmville and maffiawars are usually the things that interfere with my OFL time!
My wife is very fanatical and is onto level blah, blah, blah. :angry:

• askhammatt
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hi, im Matt, and im an Oscar addict.
  • Thank you received: 143

askhammatt replied the topic: Re:Facebook WTF!!

ofl that original facebook rank was FANTASTIC made me laugh out loud, so my gf came to see what i was laughing at n she cracked up too!

• PAUL
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

PAUL replied the topic: Re:Facebook WTF!!

well, i have nothing to add... except for some pointers:
1) i used facebook to see what my kids are in;
2) communicate with the family and friends;
3) interact with what the issue is all about
4) to find and keep in touch with some long lost friend

but i never succumbed or waste time with those game and plays in there.
since FB post is always forwarded to my email, i read all message there
and open face book if i need to responded in any message.

i also have account on friendster but seldom to open it

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds