site suggestion

• cebosound
  • cebosound's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 297

cebosound created the topic: site suggestion

Hi Penn. (hopefully put this in the right category)

Lately I have been using more of my 23" monitor and it naturally is very bright. It has led me to feel like the white background is a little bright on the eyes after a while. I know I could turn my monitors brightness down, or not be on the website as much :silly: ,but I was thinking that a darker background color than white may help out. I love the color scheme of the site and don't think that should change at all, maybe just a darker shade of white or off-white or grey, etc. It may be a little easier on the eyes.

I hope you understand that I think the site is great. Obviously, since I am on it all the time. :cheer: Its just a small friendly suggestion.

Thank you,

cebosound

My YouTube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/cebosound1?blend=1&ob=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 415

OFL replied the topic: Re: site suggestion

Are you talking about the forum on the website, or both? Changing the background color of the webpages is very straightforward. However, I think some of the photos have rounded off corners so they would have to be done all over again. The design before this one utilized a black background and personally I hated it, especially when using the website in the dark. I think he's got to be a bit careful with the background color, if you check out another one of the other Oscar fish websites, you'll see the background color makes it very difficult to read the text.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Matt E. fish lover
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Matt E. fish lover replied the topic: Re: site suggestion

I agree maybe a darker shade might be good because im constintly on the sight and i allways find myself refreshing the page lol. And after a while it does get to be quit bright, I think a darker shade would be useful.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 415

OFL replied the topic: Re: site suggestion

I have taken on board what you have suggested guys. However, wouldn't you agree that if you are suffering from eye strain then maybe you are sitting in front of the computer for too long? Black writing on a white background is very easy to see in all different types of light. Changing the background color could possibly make it difficult for some people to read the right thing. Think about it, nearly all books have white pages with black writing.

I can only suggest that you take a break every now and then, rest your eyes for a few minutes and then I am sure everything will be okay. :-)

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Brooksie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have you loved your fish today?
  • Thank you received: 42

Brooksie replied the topic: Re: site suggestion

I agree with Cebo... it is bright but it does wake me up in the morning! Especially after a night of drinking :blink: !! I have seen some forums that use like a light blue/pale blue or a light gray for their background and that is pleasant on the eyes. The black is too dark and hard to read - I agree Penn. Obviously we don't want to make huge work for you Penn.. just a thought.

There is a fine line between sanity and insanity.... Come walk it with me!

• Brooksie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have you loved your fish today?
  • Thank you received: 42

Brooksie replied the topic: Re: site suggestion

OFL wrote:

I have taken on board what you have suggested guys. However, wouldn't you agree that if you are suffering from eye strain then maybe you are sitting in front of the computer for too long? Black writing on a white background is very easy to see in all different types of light. Changing the background color could possibly make it difficult for some people to read the right thing. Think about it, nearly all books have white pages with black writing.

I can only suggest that you take a break every now and then, rest your eyes for a few minutes and then I am sure everything will be okay. :-)

Well thanks for listening anyway... :unsure:

There is a fine line between sanity and insanity.... Come walk it with me!

• Matt E. fish lover
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Matt E. fish lover replied the topic: Re: site suggestion

i have to say this forum is the most inviting of all the ones ive seen including the people and the web site.

• cebosound
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

cebosound replied the topic: Re: site suggestion

OFL wrote:

Are you talking about the forum on the website, or both? .

I was mainly speaking about the forum background.

I agree the black background (or any very dark background) would be too much and make it difficult to read. Considering your color scheme for the site, probably more of an off white or greyish color would help from making the screen seem too bright.

It really isn't about me staring at the screen too long. Its usually more noticable when I first go to the forum from other sites, because I find myself adjusting my brightness on my monitor while viewing this forum.

Again, I love the forum. I think you have done an amazing job with the site Penn. It may be just more of a personal preference. Thanks for taking my thought into consideration. :)

• cebosound
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

cebosound replied the topic: Re: site suggestion

@Penn,

I have been wondering this for a couple weeks, so I think I will finally ask...

Is the white background on the site toned down a little bit, or have my eyes been playing tricks on me? :)

Moderators: Big-Ken
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds