profile song

• btd71
  • btd71's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

btd71 created the topic: profile song

i havent been away that long. Did we lose our profile song ability?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nicki--Sue
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Nicki--Sue replied the topic: Re: profile song

You HAVE been gone that long! And yea, I noticed that was gone too... And I want it back!!!!

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 415

OFL replied the topic: Re: profile song

To cut a long story short, we are only on a shared server so we have to be a little bit careful what we do. The website is becoming more popular, more activity is going on which increases the bandwidth. Unfortunately, I had to make a few cutbacks which meant the profile songs had to go.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• STAFFIE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Pink floyd + fish = Bliss
  • Thank you received: 40

STAFFIE replied the topic: Re: profile song

This site is getting alot bigger very quickly...by members i mean.

Have you checked out that Oscarfish.com?? Its like a blue oyster club in the deep south!!! LOL Dead or what!!!

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL

STAFFIE wrote: This site is getting alot bigger very quickly...by members i mean.

Have you checked out that Oscarfish.com?? Its like a blue oyster club in the deep south!!! LOL Dead or what!!!

Don't get me wrong, I was a member of Ofish.com for quite a few years and I would be the first to say that some of the members were knowledgeable. However, if you don't put any effort into a website then people will go elsewhere.

• STAFFIE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

OFL wrote:

STAFFIE wrote: This site is getting alot bigger very quickly...by members i mean.

Don't get me wrong, I was a member of Ofish.com for quite a few years and I would be the first to say that some of the members were knowledgeable. However, if you don't put any effort into a website then people will go elsewhere.

Yh I looked on there a couple of weeks ago...its boring as hell.
No colour or character in the website.
Nobody had posted for 2 days when I last looked lol........

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL

STAFFIE wrote:

OFL wrote:

Yh I looked on there a couple of weeks ago...its boring as hell.
No colour or character in the website.
Nobody had posted for 2 days when I last looked lol........

By all accounts, the founder and guy who pays the bills hasn't been heard from in over a year which obviously isn't a good sign if you're looking for stability. They recently started using the Joomla! software for the main body of the site, that is what we use. I am very familiar with Joomla! as I have been using it for a few years, I'm sure I could give them a few tips on how they could optimise the website even more, but I'm not going to :-)

• Thank you received: 0

arcangel replied the topic: Re: profile song

hey dont hate on ofish im from their its a great site and the people know a lot you go to these sites for help and fun.They help me big time when i start i know so much now and love my hobby so much more because of them. this site is good too but you should really bag on other site.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL

arcangel wrote: hey dont hate on ofish im from their its a great site and the people know a lot you go to these sites for help and fun.They help me big time when i start i know so much now and love my hobby so much more because of them. this site is good too but you should really bag on other site.

Chill out dude, what I said was tongue in cheek. I was a member of ofish when you were still in diapers, I'd be the first to say that they have got some good and very knowledgeable members, well there used to be anyway, I don't know how many of them are left nowadays, the place doesn't seem to get used as much as it did a few years ago.

• STAFFIE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

arcangel wrote: hey dont hate on ofish im from their its a great site and the people know a lot you go to these sites for help and fun.They help me big time when i start i know so much now and love my hobby so much more because of them. this site is good too but you should really bag on other site.

yeah chill lol... I was only joking.

Moderators: Big-Ken
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds