user?

• Thank you received: 237

Noddy replied the topic: Re: user?

Brooksie wrote:

J√ĄGERDOG82 wrote: Come on think about it fish keeping is like a drug. Just keep getting more and more. Lol. And if you look at it as user means drug user then by member are they trying to call us dicks?

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I'm officially a user !!

Me too, but my title is different! :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re: user?

askhammatt wrote: i agree with fishguy, i like the idea of it changing as you reach dif amounts of posts..

I'm afraid that would involve someone fairly extensive programming. If you remember, we did at one stage have a status that changed as your post count increased, however people didn't like things such as expert border, etc etc

I have looked into changing the status but it's quite complicated and I certainly don't want to go around messing with files that I am not familiar with, the guys on the software support forum were not very forthcoming, in other words I don't think they knew how to do it. So it looks like we are stuck with "user"

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• benmcfadden
  • Loose Lips Sink Ships
  • Thank you received: 877

benmcfadden replied the topic: Re: user?

It would be cool if you started as a fry and the more you posted the bigger fish you became leading up to the freshwater king - Aripima

Haku, I knew your were good.

• Thank you received: 18

mroylands replied the topic: Re: user?

there has been some verry creative idears come out in this thread, im loveing it!! its amazing how menny different ways things have gone as well!! but like our mothers all ways told us u cant allways get what u want!!LOL :laugh: but i would love to here some more idears they are all so cool :) (what ales can u drum up?)

if life is dishing u lemons,find someone who is getting vodka and another with lemonaid
and have a dame good party!!

Sosban Fach replied the topic: Re: user?

benmcfadden wrote: It would be cool if you started as a fry and the more you posted the bigger fish you became leading up to the freshwater king - Aripima

I think if you judge a king by its credentials then I would have thought the king would be the white sturgeon. I think there an older species and generally grow alot bigger Ive seen a ten footer but they get as big as 14 feet if not bigger.

And in tron the user is reguarded as a demi-god, so theres both sides to the term.

Ive seen a few forums use the term member instead of user, why not use that?

thats cool!! i was watching river monsters last night and the presenter said there the only fish that can reach to over 100 years of age so i recon it could well be the king/master/ruler of all fish!! good one

if life is dishing u lemons,find someone who is getting vodka and another with lemonaid

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL

benmcfadden wrote: It would be cool if you started as a fry and the more you posted the bigger fish you became leading up to the freshwater king - Aripima

I don't think that is the problem, I think I can implement that very easily. We just have to decide on the rank names. There are five states of rank ranging from junior up to platinum. 50 posts up to 249 and you are junior, 250 up to 499 and you are senior, and so on. So you could start off with Fry and work your way up. I was thinking maybe starting off with egg and then fry, would you reckon?

that sounds so cool OFL!! im loving it!! :) come on all what do u think? starting out as an egg has to be number one!!

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL

Obviously an egg is the very beginning, then fry, then we've got three more fish to think of. However, we could start off with a very small fish and end up with the biggest fish of them all, the Arapaima?

However, if we are sticking to the Oscar theme then maybe we should end up with Oscar, but another Oscar fish website does the same thing and am not sure of I want to copy them

• benmcfadden
  • Loose Lips Sink Ships
  • Thank you received: 877

benmcfadden replied the topic: Re: user?

So you can only use 5 different names in that case you could build upto the to one being SN Oscar maybe. Like

Egg
Wriggler
Fry
Baby
Oscar.

I don't know really. What do you think ??

Haku, I knew your were good.

Moderators: Big-Ken
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds