What about a metric converter

• toni-a
  • toni-a's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22

toni-a created the topic: What about a metric converter

It is not a problem for you living in the US and UK however for the rest of the world we use the metric system.
It is hard for me to evaluate temperatures in Fahrenheit, volume in gallons, sizes in inches etc... I see myself using online converters very often (I have bookmarked)
Addding a converter to the site would be great, maybe an immediate converter whenever I pass the mouse above the unit I have the metric value or something like that.
Many thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re: What about a metric converter

toni-a wrote: It is not a problem for you living in the US and UK however for the rest of the world we use the metric system.
It is hard for me to evaluate temperatures in Fahrenheit, volume in gallons, sizes in inches etc... I see myself using online converters very often (I have bookmarked)
Addding a converter to the site would be great, maybe an immediate converter whenever I pass the mouse above the unit I have the metric value or something like that.
Many thanks in advance

We have a converter for UK and US gallons. However, what you are talking about would involve installing some kind of scripts/code into the website. I was actually thinking about looking into doing this, however unless somebody can do one for us free, I think you would probably involve getting one commercially made for us. Because you have to bear to things in mind, it's all very well having all the code, but it's got to work once you put it into the website. In an ideal world someone would have created what we want and then all we do is install it, I have looked before and couldn't find anything. I will have another look around and see what I can find, but I wouldn't hold your breath. But, it is something that I would be interested in installing, it just really depends on how much it costs. I could approach a web design company who I'm sure would develop one for me, that you could well be looking at several hundred pounds.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re: What about a metric converter

Hey, check out the unit converter on the homepage, it's underneath photo of the month

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Re: What about a metric converter

I always though it would be cool but I just used Google!! Thanks ken.!

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

Moderators: Big-Ken
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds