Minors on OFL

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Re: Minors on OFL

I haven't seen the rude part. Are people construing the fact that we say you need to do this and you need to do that as unpleasant?

Have you ever seen how kids behave to each other on the internet? It's downright mean and purposely hurtful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Firestorm8215
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Firestorm8215 replied the topic: Re: Minors on OFL

Thats exactly my point Jnet....you can probably go thru 99% of the threads here and NOT find any rude behavior anything out of line that would harm a child...
And that 1% may be the f-bomb and lets get real...they will hear that in school or in the real world as well. But you wont find anything out of line said to a minor.

• Firestorm8215
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Rocksor wrote: I haven't seen the rude part. Are people construing the fact that we say you need to do this and you need to do that as unpleasant?

Have you ever seen how kids behave to each other on the internet? It's downright mean and purposely hurtful.

Thats exactly what started this Rocksor. The advice we give is not always accompanied by smiley faces and worded in a way where its pleasant to extremtly sensitive people. Or something like that... :dry:

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Re: Minors on OFL

Dang...I wish someone would give me flowers and then say...you suck!

• Firestorm8215
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Rocksor wrote: Dang...I wish someone would give me flowers and then say...you suck!

Awww Rocksor...let me fix that...

YOU SUCK ! :)

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Re: Minors on OFL

"lol you guys make me laugh that you get so angered by me suggesting that it is singling a group out which it kind of is."

Where do you get anger?? You're "seeing" a "vibe" which just isn't there. This is a discussion, plain & simple.

There is no singling out, which by it's very connotation denotes exclusion; no one would or should be excluded, but minors should be notated as such. If it were my website, where you have so many different cultures & ideas floating around,this safeguard against any future possible legal issues would have already been in place.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 415

OFL replied the topic: Re: Minors on OFL

Okay, the best I can do, and have done is set an age restriction on registration. However, anyone can get around it by just putting in a false date, there isn't really any way around this. I checked the law, and you have got to be 13 years old to register on a UK website, you got to be 18 years old to register an adult website. I don't think it would be fair to stop 15-year-olds registering on the website, so I have set it at 13 years old, according to the law. But like I said, it really doesn't make any difference whatsoever, or they need to do is put in a different age and they will be in.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Thank you received: 254

DRACO replied the topic: Re: Minors on OFL

honestly, i feel that all people interacting on this thread are moderate and
tactful members.... this topic reminds me of how the community reacted in a post
of one member with a twin whose problem got into the dresser but still members
gave insight and comments in the most positive way....

• Thank you received: 182

jnet replied the topic: Re: Minors on OFL

Penn my thoughts exactly :)

I'm living my life, but not necessarily in the right order :)

• Firestorm8215
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

When dealing with a minor simply try to keep in mind how you would talk to your own child or brother / sister and how you would want them to be treated if they came here for advice...its really that simple.
If they lie , they lie..thats out of our hands , but at least we will be legally protected. but again...never seen anything happening on here that needs protection. However...it could help if a clearly marked minor would be approached by someone in a PM. An adult doing that kind of stuff would find it hard to talk himself out of that mess...

Moderators: Big-Ken
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds