Oops Nina !!! look what I did

• bassetman
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Parachromis and Caquetaia thorichthys Addict
  • Thank you received: 182

bassetman replied the topic: Re: Oops Nina !!! look what I did

I would not sell any fry unless you know that the fish you have are pure and that the females are the same collection point as your male....since you got them from the same person they are probably the same type.also are the females from the same parents if so some extra females would be in order. Unfortunately the PN Victorians are rife with hybrids....this makes it very tough to find good fish....I will try to help id the fish as they come to full color. Cichlid room companion is your best source of info and of course Nina can help when she is about.....gorgeous color on your guy though. I cannot wait for mine to color up.

Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bassetman
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Parachromis and Caquetaia thorichthys Addict
  • Thank you received: 182

bassetman replied the topic: Re: Oops Nina !!! look what I did

A friend got back to me....seems pretty sure yours are Python island but they show some odd traits could be just too young or possible hybrid. Should get a better I'd in a couple months. Is the any blue in the dorsal when it is up? I will keep looking.

Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: Re: Oops Nina !!! look what I did

bassetman wrote: A friend got back to me....seems pretty sure yours are Python island but they show some odd traits could be just too young or possible hybrid. Should get a better I'd in a couple months. Is the any blue in the dorsal when it is up? I will keep looking.

I need to add my suspicions here, he's already a bit too big for most Nyererei - Bassetman, am I really crazy in insisting these guys grow to three inches and that's it? This guy is an inch larger.
The mouth is a bit wrong as well. Unless this guy is very old, something is off.

They don't look like python island to me, I must say, but here I will fold to a better informed opinion. Could they be ruti island, like yours, Bassetman?

Eddie, any way of asking the guy you got them from?

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: Re: Oops Nina !!! look what I did

erg, and then there's the whole 'makobe island' 'anchor island' confusion... sigh.

looks to be come blue at the base of the dorsal - Eddie?

Well, when he's more settled in and his colours are even more vibrant that should help. The amount of black on him should point us a bit more.

• ehall67
  • ehall67's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Re: Oops Nina !!! look what I did

ok well I dont know How I could find the guy again which really sucks I should have got more info from him maybe I will try to ask some one if they remember him ... he had the biggest set up in his room....

he dose not have the dorsal up very much to be honest but I do believe there is blue on the bottom I will get a pic of it when I can.

He may be about 4 inches I will measure nina I could be completely off and just saying it ill get an exact measurement for us.

I have no way of knowing age but I am lead to believe they are younger as opposed to older due to his selling he had a lot in the tank.

Wow africans are confusing but heard some awesome talks on the classification on cichlids and two very diff views on what we should do about it .... so I will be excited to post that topic and have some of out more savvy member have a debate on what we think is the best way to go about it

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds