African Tank VIDEO 11-26-12 Nyererei /OB Peacock

• ehall67
  • ehall67's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 created the topic: African Tank VIDEO 11-26-12 Nyererei /OB Peacock

Hey guys this is a small tank update for my new africans... IDK what I was talking about for most of it I believe at one point I talked about fish crawling lol I must me tired lmao !!! (its 7:00pm :S )

but anyway I need to get a better camera I think I will use my girls I phone next time for sure they just get to close to the light at the top and its way to bright and the camera makes everything light blah

but here they are

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: Re: African Tank update 11-26-12 Nyererei /OB Peacock

with her eating as well as she is, that fat lady fish of yours has me excited for fry on the way! They get all round like that about a week, up to two weeks before they end up doing the circle dance. (sometimes it's not as noticeable, but she sure looks like she has eggs to me!)

But they also usually don't get it right on the first try - either he doesn't quite understand the process or she eats her eggs. So cautiously, I'm optimistic.

Your male is so pretty when he colours up to eat like that.

Spunky little female OBs :) They're a bit small to sex definitely, yes? Who sexed them for you?

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

ehall67 replied the topic: Re: African Tank update 11-26-12 Nyererei /OB Peacock

HAHA! That would be amazing !! Even if they don't get it right knowing they are willing to make fry thats where its at !!!! I will add a few flat rocks to the tank but I read they will do it on rocks and sand as long as its open enough...

As for the OB's the man I bought them from sexed them. He showed me something about their anal fin and pulled each on out and inspected it first lol (could have been bullshitting me you know im as green as they come to Africans) but in his defense he took a good bit of time and the males did seem to have a good bit of color and be in the tank next to them.... But if I get another male we can just move him out or let him breed if Rambo wont (hes a "fighter" not a "lover" lol)

• Firestorm8215
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Firestorm8215 replied the topic: Re: African Tank update 11-26-12 Nyererei /OB Peacock

Crawling fish and having to rub the convention in our faces , huh ? Nice update Eddie ! :) Love all your little fishes , but I can NOT believe there isnt even a small zoom over to Oz. How dare you ? I understand this was a different update...but no Oz at all ? Thats unheard of ! :pinch:

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

ehall67 replied the topic: Re: African Tank update 11-26-12 Nyererei /OB Peacock

lol so about the convention plug lol!! its just because I want all of you to be so jealous that you all come visit me next year for it !!

And how funny I was thinking the same thing after I took it like O boy Oz is going to be pissed lol!!! but I thought it would be funny to end with Rambo lurking lmao!!

but yes No Oz is a crime on my part

thanks!

• Firestorm8215
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Firestorm8215 replied the topic: Re: African Tank update 11-26-12 Nyererei /OB Peacock

Yeah. Your little killer hiding in the flower pot is epic ! Big bad boy. He probably does not want to be seen out , given that his face should make it onto the FBI Most Wanted list after what he's been doing !

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

I know right!!! he has def been pouty since he has been sectioned off .... he has been trying to burry the filter on his side with sand! that or dig under to get out of jail lmao

• Thank you received: 10

2Tigers replied the topic: Re: African Tank VIDEO 11-26-12 Nyererei /OB Peacock

Got me pretty excited with this one. I just bought my nephews a 46 bowfront for Christmas and we will be stocking it with Africans in the next few weeks (as long as the tank is cycled)

Can't wait

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

ehall67 replied the topic: Re: African Tank VIDEO 11-26-12 Nyererei /OB Peacock

2Tigers wrote: Got me pretty excited with this one. I just bought my nephews a 46 bowfront for Christmas and we will be stocking it with Africans in the next few weeks (as long as the tank is cycled)

Can't wait

Thanks a lot

This is my first REAL african tank I only really did SA cichlids ...

but I am really enjoying it as im sure you will!

• Thank you received: 10

2Tigers replied the topic: Re: African Tank VIDEO 11-26-12 Nyererei /OB Peacock

ehall67 wrote: Thanks a lot

This is my first REAL african tank I only really did SA cichlids ...

but I am really enjoying it as im sure you will!

Oh, I absolutely will! I already have an assorted African tank set up at my office. Had it for about a year and a half.
An old pic.

Attachment 2012-09-27_13-38-29_608.jpg not found

Attachments:

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds