Can you help me identify these?

• JBare
  • JBare's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 56

JBare created the topic: Can you help me identify these?

I didn't think it was awful at the time, and I'll probably get torn apart for it but these guys were all in the "assorted African" tank at Pet smart. Now, a couple weeks later, I'm seeing they are all crazy different and I'm wondering what my future will be like. 55 gallon, ammonia 0 nitrite 0 and nitrate 10ppm. Oh, and I was feeding them as I took the picture because I wanted them all to come out so I could get pictures. So you'll see some food in the feeding frenzy.
Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Can you help me identify these?

I know for certain that the black & white spotted one is a Tropheus Duboisi......& the mottled/yellow one is a Haplochromis Venustus, which if a male, will get beautiful, but BIG.......the others are more than likely hybrids of P. Zebra.....all require hard water, & a good deal of algae in the diet (Omega one kelp flakes are a great choice), & VERY clean water, particularly the T. Duboisi (nice find for a PetSmart!!), they are very sensitive to water conditions.....you will need extremely efficient biological & mechanical filtration, & I would recommend very frequent smaller partian WC's, maybe 25% 3X weekly to keep them in top shape.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• JBare
  • JBare's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 56

JBare replied the topic: Re:Can you help me identify these?

Thank You! Will he get too big for my 55? I'd rather find him a home now if I have too I don't want to stunt him. And yea, the Duboisi was $16. Now I know why. Lol also not feeding algae diet will go to the store and get some today.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds