09-09 update on Brooksie's African Cichlid babies

• Brooksie
  • Brooksie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have you loved your fish today?
  • Thank you received: 42

Brooksie created the topic: 09-09 update on Brooksie's African Cichlid babies

It's time for the weekly update on my babies. They are growing fast. I've separated them into 2 breeder boxes since they are getting so big. I don't want to move them into the tank yet because I don't feel they are big enough for that yet. Soon though. Enough chatting... here's the video !

I was trying to light them up with my flash light. There are a couple that have an orange tint to them but they still have the stripes. They look more and more like the Powder Blue Cichlid every day! :( Which is sad for me because I wanted this guy to be the daddy....

Maybe next time! :P

Thanks for watching... let me know what you think!!

Brooksie :P

There is a fine line between sanity and insanity.... Come walk it with me!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: Re: 09-09 update on Brooksie's African Cichlid babies

are you still going to take them to the unscrupulous pet shop? If you are, don't let them loose in the tank. They don't compete well for food, so their growth slows down, and they will be next to impossible to get out again.

Basically, it will take longer for them to get to the size where the shop will take them, and catching them :blink:

They're growing well, though, at least, it looks like it :)

• Thank you received: 237

Noddy replied the topic: Re: 09-09 update on Brooksie's African Cichlid babies

Brooksie wrote: Which is sad for me because I wanted this guy to be the daddy....

I understand completely, why you'd like that one to be one of the parents.
Amazing colouration,B!
Still wondering what the babies will look like next week! ;)

• Brooksie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Brooksie replied the topic: Re: 09-09 update on Brooksie's African Cichlid babies

Nina_W wrote: are you still going to take them to the unscrupulous pet shop? If you are, don't let them loose in the tank. They don't compete well for food, so their growth slows down, and they will be next to impossible to get out again.

Basically, it will take longer for them to get to the size where the shop will take them, and catching them :blink:

They're growing well, though, at least, it looks like it :)

I meant to tell you, the one that got away last time I cleaned their breeder boxes, remember him? The little bugger was still alive when I emptied all the caves out of the tank this week!! :ohmy: I caught him and put him back in with everyone else!!!

Anyway, I don't know what I'm going to do with them yet. Everything is up in the air until they are old/big enough to actually trade/sell them to a LFS. I'm keeping them in the boxes until then. I have a total of 3 boxes to keep them separated in and let them grow in. As they get bigger I'm dividing them up.

They have a lot of stripes huh?? :unsure: The Powder Blue is the dad isn't he? :unsure:

Noddy wrote:

Brooksie wrote: Which is sad for me because I wanted this guy to be the daddy....

I understand completely, why you'd like that one to be one of the parents.
Amazing colouration,B!
Still wondering what the babies will look like next week! ;)

Isn't he awesome !!! :woohoo: :woohoo: I want him to breed so bad!!! I can only imagine how cool his babies would look.

The babies are growing fast too... those damn stripes are showing up very vividly now! The other daddy has lots of stripes.. not the one that I want to be the daddy!!

• Thank you received: 297

cebosound replied the topic: Re: 09-09 update on Brooksie's African Cichlid babies

sorry i missed this brooks.

that is a great pic of that fish. its colors show through very vibrant. :)

My YouTube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/cebosound1?blend=1&ob=0

• Brooksie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Brooksie replied the topic: Re: 09-09 update on Brooksie's African Cichlid babies

cebosound wrote: sorry i missed this brooks.

that is a great pic of that fish. its colors show through very vibrant. :)

Thanks Cebo... he has to be my ABSOLUTE favorite fish in my tank. I got him as a little baby and he was ugly as hell when I got him... hardly any color. Ugly duckling kind of thing! Now look at him! ;)

And it's ok that you missed my thread.. you caught it now and commented. That's what matters to me. Thanks my friend!

• Thank you received: 237

Noddy replied the topic: Re: 09-09 update on Brooksie's African Cichlid babies

He is deffo one of the most explicit cichlids i have ever seen, i wonder if i just overlooked fish like that overhere, but most of them seem boring.
And like i stated in another thread, i am not into the bright shiny colours on fish, usually, but for this one i'll make another exception! :P

• Brooksie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Noddy wrote: He is deffo one of the most explicit cichlids i have ever seen, i wonder if i just overlooked fish like that overhere, but most of them seem boring.
And like i stated in another thread, i am not into the bright shiny colours on fish, usually, but for this one i'll make another exception! :P

Thanks for making the exception! LOL I love the colors in him. The spots in his tails are a beautiful orange... he's got this awesome blue... the picture just doesn't capture how cool he looks.

Thanks my friend!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds