breeding pair of Bumble Bee cichlids. HELP

• cotoandpaxi
  • cotoandpaxi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4

cotoandpaxi created the topic: breeding pair of Bumble Bee cichlids. HELP

I have a pair that I've recently noticed are starting to mate. The activity that I observed involved them rubbing on each other and putting their mouths by eachothers genital area.

I'm a beginner on raising these specific cichlids but have bred Oscars in the past.

I know they are mouth brooders, but I don't exactly know how to care for them when they are trying to mate. I also know nothing about "stripping" and therefore I need some help and suggestions.

I just need some direction on how to properly care for these fish and give them an ideal mating habitat. Like I said, I have little experience with these fish, but im wide
open for opinions and suggestions.

Please help a brother out! Thanks

(:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 581

Suprd71 replied the topic: breeding pair of Bumble Bee cichlids. HELP

Some space to call their own, a cave or shelter of sorts. Then just let them do what they are programmed to do. If in a community tank, others may be in peril.They will behave like any parents in the animal world, intruders or threats to the young are severely dealt with

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• cotoandpaxi
  • cotoandpaxi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4

cotoandpaxi replied the topic: breeding pair of Bumble Bee cichlids. HELP

Okay.

Any advice on the whole "stripping" part of the process? I have been told that's the only way to separate the mother from the fry. Supposed to do it in a separate bucket or container.

Any input??

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds