Any ideas?

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Re: Any ideas?

fish keeping 101 always get the O's dry cleaned !!! its going to be another 6 mts to get him back to size!!

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• theniceguy9112
  • theniceguy9112's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 55

theniceguy9112 replied the topic: Re: Any ideas?

Yeah... I accidently set the dryer to barbeque and it shrunk the oscar, lol.

I ended up moving Suzy to a different tank after she attacked Joey. So now the little guy has a 90 gallon fish tank all to himself. Suzy is now in my mother's 55 gallon fish tank.

Any suggestions on plants for the tank? I'm a little worried of doing it because he just might decide to rip the plants to shreds.

I was thinking of putting driftwood in the tank, but i'm having a hard time finding a store around here that actually sells it. I've also looked around at some of the parks around my area (we have a river that cuts my town in half) and most of the wood that I have found is basically falling apart. How do you know if a piece of wood out in the wild is good enough for the fish tank?

• Thank you received: 10

2Tigers replied the topic: Re: Any ideas?

theniceguy9112 wrote: How do you know if a piece of wood out in the wild is good enough for the fish tank?

Try to find something that was once a "hardwood". No trees that had sap in them as they will not be good for your aquarium.

Any driftwood that you find is going to have loose particles on it. If it is bark, dirt, or decaying wood.

Just pick up the piece and try to break it. If you can break it, you don't want it. Also, if there is loose wood or decaying wood on it, knock as much off with your hands as possible. As long as the "main frame" of the driftwood is solid (not bending, not breaking) you will be able to brush off the loose particles with a stiff brush once you get home.

Just think, to become driftwood the tree probably rotted, or died at some point, so a little bit of debris should be ok.

• Thank you received: 297

cebosound replied the topic: Re: Any ideas?

i like a thin layer of sand. so i'm not on the vote for more. lol

put a plain blak background on the back. add a large piece of driftwood and a plant or two. you will be rockin. and remember less is more with oscars. so your not far from there right now. ;)

My YouTube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/cebosound1?blend=1&ob=0

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds