Worms in filter cartridge?

• TBR3LANDER
  • TBR3LANDER's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

TBR3LANDER created the topic: Worms in filter cartridge?

The other day I helped my brother do a water change on his 20 gallon fish tank. He is using this tank as a grow out tank for his JD. After doing the water change we noticed the weirdest thing I have ever seen. There are about 15-20 tiny black wors living in his filter cartridge... we have no idea what they are or where they came from. He has dual filteration, and only one of the filters has it. We have absolutley no idea what this is. If anyone can give me any input as too what this is, it would be appreciated. SHould I be worried/not worried? I'll try and get pictures.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 91

Capt Dave replied the topic: Re: Worms in filter cartridge?

Could be Planeria but I believe they are generally white in color.

I have no idea why the water bill is so high

• Jenn27
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Meet Groucho....my spoiled Tiger O!!
  • Thank you received: 20

Jenn27 replied the topic: Re: Worms in filter cartridge?

My mom had those in her tanks. She never did figure out what caused it, but it just about killed all of her fish! She ended up treating her tank with these tablets that treated just about every fish illness. It worked on the ones that hadn't yet died. They are all still doing well and this was a few months back.

We have had our Groucho (Tiger O) for over a year now...have watched him grow from 2 inches to pushing 11 inches! LOVE watching him swim around in his little 55 gal world. :lol: We also have a fancy goldfish and a black moor in a separate tank. We love our fishies!...[IMG]

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds