Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: HITH

HITH 2 years 6 months ago #225204

• jantilla
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I have two oscars in a 210 that have HITH. I have been told to do 50 percent water changes every other day and add vitachem to thier food. The problem is they won't take the pellets that are soaked in the vitachem. What should I do? I have people telling me to use meds and salt as well.
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by jantilla.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: HITH 2 years 6 months ago #225324

• jantilla
  • Senior Boarder
Anybody have any suggestions? These Oscars are getting worse day by day. They might end up in a new home if I can't cure the HITH.

Re: HITH 2 years 6 months ago #225401

• JasonR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hey man...Got a light?
  • Thank you received: 450
Did you get the water test kit and what kind of water conditioner are you using?

Re: HITH 2 years 6 months ago #225413

• Rocksor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 744
He's using Prime.

Re: HITH 2 years 6 months ago #225415

• Rocksor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 744
What about injecting meal worms with vitachem? Have you tried that?

Re: HITH 2 years 6 months ago #225430

• jantilla
  • Senior Boarder
I haven't tried meal worms. I have given them earthworms but the albino won't take them.

I've been soaking their pellets and krill in the vitachem with no success. All they do is make a bigger mess then before. These fish drive me nuts and makes the hobby not worth being in. I’ve been doing my water changes every other day when the water quality isn’t the issue. This weekend I drove an hour to get the vitachem. It’s not paying off.

Re: HITH 2 years 6 months ago #225432

• jantilla
  • Senior Boarder
JasonR wrote:
Did you get the water test kit and what kind of water conditioner are you using?

I do have the liquid test kit. Also rocksor is right about me using prime.

Re: HITH 2 years 6 months ago #225440

• Darth Nandopsis
  • Administrator
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 360
jantilla wrote:
I haven't tried meal worms. I have given them earthworms but the albino won't take them.

I've been soaking their pellets and krill in the vitachem with no success. All they do is make a bigger mess then before. These fish drive me nuts and makes the hobby not worth being in. I’ve been doing my water changes every other day when the water quality isn’t the issue. This weekend I drove an hour to get the vitachem. It’s not paying off.

Well, seriously, what did you think, it was going to go away overnight? The HITH didn't happen overnight, & it takes time to heal, on the order of weeks to start showing improvement. HITH is NOT something that is a "quick fix"; it's not like changing an impeller on a filter, something that can be taken care of almost immediately. Patience is the key w/ this issue, but if that's not something you possess, no offense, but you might want to consider another hobby.....
THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Darth Nandopsis.

Re: HITH 2 years 6 months ago #225445

• jantilla
  • Senior Boarder
Patience is something I have had a ton of lately. The oscars have been giving me alot of problems lately with not eating their foods. Their water is pristine and always has been. I know they heal very slowly from from HITH. That's not my problem. It's trying to get them to eat their food that I soak in the vitachem. If they don't take the food then they’re not going to get better. Unlike most these fish these are taken care of extremely well. They’re in a 210 by themselves. So if trying to get these guys to eat their food the last couple of months counts as not being patient then I guess I’m not. I guess cleaning the tank two times a week means I'm lazy as well.

Re: HITH 2 years 6 months ago #225450

• proudmama19
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
I'd clean the Tank while treating HITH once every other day!!!! Also you really need that liquid test kit! is there any way you can get one!? Try not trying to give them food at all for a few days! They will be fine! When they want to eat they will eat!!!
Moderators: DRACO, ehall67
Time to create page: 1.608 seconds

Members Birthdays