New Oscar sulks when lights turned on (room or tank lights)

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: New Oscar sulks when lights turned on (room or tank lights)

AV8R wrote: Its amazing how big some peoples tanks are.. The 60 gallon is huge in my room. I can't even imagine a 150-200 gallon tank!

60,75,90, even a 125 or a 180 is NOT a big tank when dealing w/ big fish.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AV8R
  • AV8R's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

AV8R replied the topic: New Oscar sulks when lights turned on (room or tank lights)

Being new to this hobby of Oscars, , I tend to forget how big these guys get! I'm going to stay with one Oscar for now. You guys are great! I will post pics as soon as I get it set up!

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:New Oscar sulks when lights turned on (room or tank lights)

Darth is right im regretting not getting something bigger than a 150

• AV8R
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

AV8R replied the topic: Re:New Oscar sulks when lights turned on (room or tank lights)

New tank setup. 60 gallons, driftwood, two fake plants, wood sculpture and few other small pieces. Has a 200 watt heater, emperor 400 filter. Really excited to get it filled and going!

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Re:New Oscar sulks when lights turned on (room or tank lights)

I would suggest adding a canister filter to this set up for better biological filtration. The emperor will be good for mechanical filtration. For 114 US you can get a Eheim 2215, which is a great little machine and doesn't break the bank.

• Thank you received: 218

DBLN8 replied the topic: New Oscar sulks when lights turned on (room or tank lights)

Here,s a link to a great filter with a good price point, a lot of the guys around here use them. you could get bye with the XPL but the XPXL would be preferable. When your Oscar is 12" long and making a big mess you'll need big filtration.

www.thatpetplace.com/Rena-filstar-xp-series-canister-filters

Welcome to OFL!

• AV8R
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

AV8R replied the topic: Re:New Oscar sulks when lights turned on (room or tank lights)

Thank you again everyone for the generous help and warm welcome! I'm very excited to join you guys and you are all too kind. New tank has lights on. Filling it up today! Going to treat the water with prime and get it all running

• Thank you received: 196

UNC-CH replied the topic: New Oscar sulks when lights turned on (room or tank lights)

The tank looks great! The background blends in with the plants and driftwood nicely. Well done.

• AV8R
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Thank you! Any recomdations as for stuff to add or remove? Any other ideas you guys have?

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Re:New Oscar sulks when lights turned on (room or tank lights)

Is that really a 4 foot tank? Looks more to be 36 inches. My two 4 foot x 18 inchers looks a lot longer than that. Might be a bit short for the long term as oscars like lots of swimming length.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds