White spot??

• wilde
  • wilde's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 0

wilde replied the topic: White spot??

Q

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: White spot??

If the fish don't have HITH then yes they'll be safe to rehome, but you need to rehome the fish regardless of their current health conditions. Having seen the state of some oscars at fish stores around here I doubt you will have much issue in one taking them off your hands (you may not get any money for them, however).

While you deleted your question I'll answer it anyway: You won't be able to treat your oscars in a 60L tank. HITH needs pristine water conditions and a long time to treat. Your tank, being a 190L triangular tank is completely unsuitable for even one of your oscars due to the lack of swim space. It is also too small in volume to house one oscar, let alone 3 (or 4). The only fish you have currently that you could keep in that tank would be the two firemouths, and perhaps the catfish (if it is small) but that wouldn't be ideal either.

I recommend you rehome all of your fish, sell the triangular tank, and use that money to get a larger, rectangular tank if you want to keep cichlids. You will need a 75 gal tank if you want to keep one oscar in the conditions they need. Your other option would be to rehome all of your fish, keep the triangular tank but instead of cichlids keep some small community fish. Triangular tanks are really only suited for small, community fish anyway.

• wilde
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

wilde replied the topic: Re:White spot??

Ok thanks for your advice and honesty I shall re-home asap

I deleted the question as I realised that the 60ltr tank would be full of nitrites until established

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:White spot??

You're welcome, and I do apologise if I came across as overly harsh. I'd never go to whoever you got your stocking advice from again, because you were terribly misinformed and now have a very large mess to rectify.

• wilde
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

wilde replied the topic: Re:White spot??

Adult oscar and parrots re-homed, 3 days of 50% water changes, starting treatment tomo, so fingers crossed, thanks for all advise much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: White spot??

So you still have 2 oscars that are approx. 3 inches, 2 firemouth, 2 plec and 1 catfish?

You still need to thin down those fish....

• wilde
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

wilde replied the topic: White spot??

3 Oscars
2 Firemouth
1 Catfish
I am re-homing the 2 Plecs
I have a 5x2x2 arriving on Friday

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds