Someone needs to invent helmets for these fish!

• Nyx
  • Nyx's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16

Nyx replied the topic: Someone needs to invent helmets for these fish!

I'm so sorry guys! I meant to reply to this after work yesterday and I forgot :whistle:

But yeah, I'm going to do an extra water change this week while its 'fresh' and go from there.
I never thought about it being the hob but that's a good point! Also im glad you don't have any issues with the center piece. Thor spends so much time in and around it I think he'd be upset if I removed it.

As for learning his lesson, doesn't sound like it. I think he just hit the lid again :S Im off to investigate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 32

Bri B replied the topic: Re:Someone needs to invent helmets for these fish!

My red actually to an almost identical injury the day I moved him to his new tank. It was a perfect little notch at the same spot. Looked almost like a tiny melon baller was used on him. Happy to say it healed up real fast like within a week. It went from looking like your pic to a tiny little black scar and he was his usual goofy self the whole time. And yes mini oscar helmets would be awesome. Somebody needs to jump on that asap

• Thank you received: 10

TheLilMommaB replied the topic: Re:Someone needs to invent helmets for these fish!

I'll take a helmet as well...and if the inventor offers to fit it too them as well I'd pay extra for that lol...I'm always scared my guys will do that since they started bumping the top.

Stay at home mommy to 4 kids (Ana 11, Joseph 10, Alizabeth 6, and Christian 2) 11 purple pincher hermit crabs, 8 cats, 6 guppies, 2 little molly fish, 3 ferrets, 2 parrakets, 2 Oscars, 1 red eared slider, 1 cockatiel, 1 goldfish, 1 veiled chameleon, and 1 bone headed pittbull. And working with The Mid Atlantic Turtle and Tortoise Association to become a slider foster.

• Thank you received: 15

LeafsFan replied the topic: Re:Someone needs to invent helmets for these fish!

On the topic of helmets and Scratches I came home to this tonight by the looks of it I think it is from running into the hob filter intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thank you received: 32

Bri B replied the topic: Re:Someone needs to invent helmets for these fish!

Ouch. That's pretty much what big Ron did to his head when I put him in the new tank. It did heal very fast tho.

• Thank you received: 15

LeafsFan replied the topic: Re:Someone needs to invent helmets for these fish!

Yeah most of his bumps and scratches heal in no time.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds