Oscar Helmets and body armor

• Bri B
  • Bri B's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32

Bri B created the topic: Oscar Helmets and body armor

So handsome Ron did his best to ugly himself up while I was at work today. Somehow got himself wedged into the stump deco I have in the tank. How he got in there is a mystery. Anyway I moved it to let him out as soon as I walked in and he shot straight up out of the water and slapped me in the face literally. He's fine now, swimming normal, ate his dinner but boy did he do a number on his head and sides. Nothing worse than his usual scrapes but just a ton of them at the same time. They always have healed up pretty fast but I'm just wondering if there is any good remedy for healing dings and dents outside of frequent wcs. I'll get a pic up asap.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Oscar Helmets and body armor

I got rid of the plastic decor and went with real driftwood. Looks so much better and I have not had any fish get stuck in anything like I did with the plastic stuff.

• Bri B
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Bri B replied the topic: Re:Oscar Helmets and body armor

Somehow wedged himself in that little nook (which is exactly big enough to fit him) and beat the hell out of himself for god knows how long until I freed him when I walked in the door. I'm gonna remove it but it's gonna make the tank look quite empty. Looking for something smooth and with no Ron sized nooks this weekend.

• Bri B
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Blurry but u can see the white dings on his head. Nice one on both sides. Scrapes on his sides and his forehead even looks bruised. U can see his usual olive has dark spots. I feel awful for him.

• Bri B
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Def gonna look for some driftwood or maybe even just a nice smooth stone. Broke my heart seeing him all beat up.

• Thank you received: 97

ernie replied the topic: Oscar Helmets and body armor

They will grow out of that "self destruct" stage mine are 17months old now and haven't had a scrape for ages. Might be worth removing driftwood could possibly replace sometime in the future. plenty of water changes will heal up quite quickly. Btw nice looking avatar!

• Bri B
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Thanks Ernie. Already got rid of the deco he got himself stuck it. Still amazed he got in there. Like me jamming myself into a phone booth built for midgets. I do a 25 percent wc daily and a big 75 weekly. Will up it a little while he's healing up. The tank looks quite empty now but they have a nice chunk more of swim real estate. Already on the prowl for a big 125-150 to get them into. These fools have taken over my life lol. I almost had a heart attack when I came home and saw him wedged in there. I always assumed my daughter would be my only child but now I have 3 lol

• Thank you received: 97

ernie replied the topic: Oscar Helmets and body armor

Amazing how we can get so attached to just some fish in a tank!!!! nothing but the best for our kids.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bri B

• Bri B
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Yes sir. I'm ordering my python water changer as we speak. If u can believe it I've been doing the 5 gal bucket thing every day for a month now. I look better with my shirt off but man is it a brutal process.

• Rogue_Violetta
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 25

Rogue_Violetta replied the topic: Re:Oscar Helmets and body armor

Bri B wrote: Still amazed he got in there. Like me jamming myself into a phone booth built for midgets.

I probably shouldn't have, but I laughed reading this bit.

Hope he heals up nice and fast :)

Keeper of the Food Pellets of Malekith the Never Accursed, Lover of Bubbles and Airstones, and Beloved of the Rogue Violetta.

Throw yourself in- use the wrong words, try different foods, kiss random fish. It's an adventure!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds