Sick Oscar, Fungus?

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: Sick Oscar, Fungus?

whether the fish improve the health or not... just keep it alive...
my Zhen Zhou suffered a SBD and live for 2 long years... i gave him
my best effort till his last breathe!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Sick Oscar, Fungus?

Did you ever try the concentrated salt dips? I know you used salt bath with m. blue, but don't recall you trying the high-concentration dip.

Glad she is still doing well. How big is she now? Darth has put on a bit of size recently.

• DMD123
  • DMD123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Sick Oscar, Fungus?

I have not done the salt dips. She was getting hammered on with all the catching and bathing. She stopped eating during all that time frame due to stress so I just stopped and now she is back to normal. I would say at this point she is now growing slower with the last measurement of about 11 1/2" being about the same. Still shows the little bumps but no distress at all. It comes and goes and show in different areas of the body and goes away.

• Thank you received: 581

Suprd71 replied the topic: Sick Oscar, Fungus?

Well, no bad news is good. Seems Chunk will be ok. Sure would like to know what that is though.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• DMD123
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Suprd71 wrote: Well, no bad news is good. Seems Chunk will be ok. Sure would like to know what that is though.

Yep, me too. Not knowing is the worst. Whatever it is, seems to be just isolated to this fish and is not contagious. though it appears to be something only external the root cause seems to be inside the fish. With everything thrown at this fish and not seeing any major improvement it really is discouraging. The fish has an awesome personality, eats well and besides this condition is a great fish. Will never be a show fish... :(

• DMD123
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

This whole thread ends today with the passing of Chunk. I tried very hard with her and was never able to find the solution. Hundreds of dollars in medications and countless hours of hard core water changes went into her to try and find a cure and I just was not able to do it. Chunk was 12" from head to tail. She grew quickly and had such an awesome personality. She will be missed.

For now the 75g will get taken down, cleaned and put in storage since I will be moving in a couple months. I will set up the tank again in the new home and move Scruffy the puffer into it.

• Thank you received: 581

Suprd71 replied the topic: Sick Oscar, Fungus?

Ah, sorry to hear David. You went far above and beyond. Curious, did you ever consult MFK? Frustrating site to participate in at most times, but there are some sharp fishkeepers there.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DMD123

• DMD123
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Suprd71 wrote: Ah, sorry to hear David. You went far above and beyond. Curious, did you ever consult MFK? Frustrating site to participate in at most times, but there are some sharp fishkeepers there.

Thanks for the kind words. No did not deal with MFK. I had good good advice from some local fishkeepers in my area which include a friend who had some good connections in a professional field related to fish. I followed their recommended course and did tons of my own research and even tried some 'experimental' type treatments. I will miss that bumblebee oscar

• Thank you received: 127

streetsmart73 replied the topic: Sick Oscar, Fungus?

DMD123 wrote: This whole thread ends today with the passing of Chunk. I tried very hard with her and was never able to find the solution. Hundreds of dollars in medications and countless hours of hard core water changes went into her to try and find a cure and I just was not able to do it. Chunk was 12" from head to tail. She grew quickly and had such an awesome personality. She will be missed.

For now the 75g will get taken down, cleaned and put in storage since I will be moving in a couple months. I will set up the tank again in the new home and move Scruffy the puffer into it.

hi there

1. my condolences on the passing of chunk.
2. yes, the loss does make an impact.
3. but bro, chin up.
4. there is always another Oscar waiting for you out there.
5. honest, I just lost a "cheap" common long-fin goldfish yesterday.
6. it was with me for at least 1 year 7 months.
7. I know the pain :(

"somewhere in time ... gone with the wind"
The following user(s) said Thank You: DMD123

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds