Head injury!

• robham7770
  • robham7770's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Head injury!

Rocksor wrote: My previous 8" oscar after a battle with a piece of driftwood.

After 1 month of just regular water changes, notice the scarring

Still visible, but huge improvement. Just going to bump up my wc, and will let everyone know if things don't go well. I am just glad it wasn't his eye, I am looking at it right now, and it was pretty damn closoe. Great looking red btw.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 32

Bri B replied the topic: Re:Head injury!

My Ron was pretty banged up after getting stuck in my now dismantled and thrown away stump deco. His wounds healed up awesome and rapidly with clean water. They are quite resilient with the scrapes and cuts.

• robham7770
  • robham7770's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Re:Head injury!

Bri B wrote: My Ron was pretty banged up after getting stuck in my now dismantled and thrown away stump deco. His wounds healed up awesome and rapidly with clean water. They are quite resilient with the scrapes and cuts.

Thanks Bri, he has had a lot of dents and dings in the past, and he always recovered. I think the Pike tank crash has me a little freaked, and I just don't want to miss anything. If he got through ick twice, and a major ass whooping from apollo, I think he will be fine.

after the fight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bri B

• Thank you received: 97

ernie replied the topic: Re:Head injury!

Such clumsy little things, you are not an Oscar owner until you have freaked out over a graze or wound. Such a pity we all have to go through it!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bri B

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Head injury!

Rob not sure if you remember what capone looked like when I first got him woooohoooo he was torn apart man. From my limited experience of just the fish I keep oscars seem to get scrapped up way more than anything ive kept. The other vieja were pretty beat up from zeus but healed in a matter of days seems like o's took/take longer to heal than the centrals ive had.

• Thank you received: 32

Bri B replied the topic: Re:Head injury!

One of us really need to jump on this oscar helmets idea lol.

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:Head injury!

Henry's gotten some shockers too, but I've found the opposite to you Frank. Henry heals up within a few days but when my RD brained herself on the lid she took a couple of weeks.

The winner though is Ganbie - he's only scraped himself once, but that was from bouncing some 12" into the air when I was doing a w/c. Water was at 50% and he bounced high enough to hit the centre brace of the tank with quite a bit of force. Ended up with a nasty scrape down the top of his head. It was gone in 2 days :blink:

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Re:Head injury!

Lammergeier wrote: Henry's gotten some shockers too, but I've found the opposite to you Frank. Henry heals up within a few days but when my RD brained herself on the lid she took a couple of weeks.

The winner though is Ganbie - he's only scraped himself once, but that was from bouncing some 12" into the air when I was doing a w/c. Water was at 50% and he bounced high enough to hit the centre brace of the tank with quite a bit of force. Ended up with a nasty scrape down the top of his head. It was gone in 2 days :blink:

Funny because I always thought that maybe oscar scales were more fragile capone would show damage from rubbing against the sand when he used to freak out...the pearsei always has scrapes (ugh little bruce banner) and heals up with out wc....

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:Re:Head injury!

Dunno, maybe Capone was using more force than you realised when he was flipping out lol. I don't worry anymore about upping w/cs for Henry when he injures himself. With the usual w/c schedule he heals up within a few days.

If you want fragile, the SDs drive me mental. Every time they bash something there's a shower of silver scales. They take ages to heal up too.

• Thank you received: 196

UNC-CH replied the topic: Head injury!

That's very similar to the wound on my oscar that prompted me to make my first post here. Mine was a bit deeper and in the center but also had the flesh hanging and flopping around when he swam. It drove me nuts looking at it. :pinch: Yours should be mostly healed in a couple weeks and you shouldn't even see a scar after about a month.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds