Malekith's poop has gone a little white.

• Rogue_Violetta
  • Rogue_Violetta's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 25

Rogue_Violetta created the topic: Malekith's poop has gone a little white.

Earlier when doing a water change on Malekith's tank, I noticed her poop, which was stuck on the outside of the intake for the filter, was a mix of normal dark, and white.

Now, as some of you know, we had some guppies that had parasites, that had pale poop, so can understand I'm freaked out a bit (btw, the two guppies that we found in the treatment are still fine, and the biggest is now definitely male, and a near carbon copy of Lightning). It did look a bit stringy towards the end of it.

However, Malekith completely went nuts pooping in her tank yesterday, trying to bury some of it, which didn't help her cause lol. Half the tank looked like it had neatly spaced piles of poop every few centimeters at one point, but that was likely from the change in water conditions stimulating metabolism. All of it was normal and dark.

Last night she had some bloodworms, then ate about 10 pellets which was a big no no, as I've since found out, and spat some of it out, because her stomach was so full. She had 6 pellets, no bloodworms tonight, and sulked at only 6.

She's eating normally, if anything, is actually gaining her appetite, which is a good thing.

Could the pale poop be a result of overfeeding and/or a slight dietary change (guy we got her from said he used Hikari gold pellets, which Lamm gave me some of a while back, for the loaches, which is what she's eating- the pellets, not the loaches!), or should I be a bit worried it might be something else? Am I over reacting, or just being properly cautious? Argh! Help, please?

Keeper of the Food Pellets of Malekith the Never Accursed, Lover of Bubbles and Airstones, and Beloved of the Rogue Violetta.

Throw yourself in- use the wrong words, try different foods, kiss random fish. It's an adventure!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 196

UNC-CH replied the topic: Malekith's poop has gone a little white.

I don't think you're over-reacting at all ... you're just paying attention to giving good care. It could be the change in diet or stress from the move, water condition changes, etc. It's nothing to worry about it because even if he has a parasitic infection, you can get rid of it with levamizole ... and I'm not sure that he does. I'd go ahead with the pellets soaked in epsom salt when you can get it.

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Malekith's poop has gone a little white.

Did here poop look regular befor this ? I would watch it but would def feed epsom soaked pellets for 5 days regardless wont hurt.... I feed it to everyone every 3 or 4 months plus all new fiah either get that or nls hexsheild

• Rogue_Violetta
  • Rogue_Violetta's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 25

Rogue_Violetta replied the topic: Re:Malekith's poop has gone a little white.

We're hoping somewhere has the salt in tomorrow, so we can start. Small town stuff, lol.

Her large amount of poop was normal yesterday, when we cleaned it all up. It seems she was a bit blocked up and then everything moved out.

Could this be something as simple as slight constipation? The aftereffects of, well, being blocked up?

Keeper of the Food Pellets of Malekith the Never Accursed, Lover of Bubbles and Airstones, and Beloved of the Rogue Violetta.

Throw yourself in- use the wrong words, try different foods, kiss random fish. It's an adventure!

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Re:Malekith's poop has gone a little white.

Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) solution soaked pellets will clear it up fast if the poo is long clear and stringy.

• Thank you received: 15

LeafsFan replied the topic: Malekith's poop has gone a little white.

I'm actually noticing the same thing with my Oscar. I'm going to used the advice in this thread to treat my Oscar. I just have a couple quick questions, is Epsom salt just the regular stuff you buy at like any store like drug store or anything. And also is there a certain concentration to dissolve the salt or just like a cup of tank water and dissolve a bit of Epsom salt?

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Malekith's poop has gone a little white.

Regular Epson Salt from the store is what it is. Be careful some places will sell scented types with lavender oils, etc. You will not want these types.

The mix I found on another site is this: "For a 3% solution of Magnesium sulphate, add 1 level tablespoon (15 grams) magnesium sulphate to 500 milliliters of distilled water. Stir, and it's good to go."

That would be for a mix to soak food in.

• Thank you received: 15

LeafsFan replied the topic: Malekith's poop has gone a little white.

Alright thanks, I wish I bought some while I was out today. Supposed to be another storm tomorrow so I might not get out until Saturday.

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Malekith's poop has gone a little white.

Make sure its distilled water. I do 1 tbls spoon to 1/2 cup (roughly 500 milileters)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LeafsFan

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Malekith's poop has gone a little white.

500ml = 16 oz.

1/2 cup = 8 oz.

Frank, your mix is a bit stronger if you are doing 1 Tablespoon to 8 oz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LeafsFan

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds