hheeellpppp

• Thank you received: 196

UNC-CH replied the topic: hheeellpppp

When you move your fish to the 75 gallon, you don't want to shock them. You should slowly reduce the percentage of salt in the water over time. If you have a high concentration of salt in the current tank, you might need to reduce that slowly enough so that when your fish goes into the 75 gallon, it is still not completely salt free.

Salt doesn't evaporate and can build up in the water over time. Over time, how much salt have you added? When you do a water change, do you replace the amount of salt taken out with more salt?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ttertter
  • ttertter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

ttertter replied the topic: hheeellpppp

thank u i did a big water change and he is breathing slower and is calmed downed

• ttertter
  • ttertter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

ttertter replied the topic: hheeellpppp

i put just a little and yes

• Thank you received: 196

UNC-CH replied the topic: hheeellpppp

You still haven't answered the questions I and others took the time to ask. I'll ask them again.

Did you cycle your tank?

Did you use a water conditioner to remove chlorine and chloramines when changing the water? How much water did/do you change per week? What are your levels for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH?

Over time, how much salt have you added? Helpful measurements are in teaspoons, tablespoons, milliliters, milligrams, etc. - not a lot or a little.

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: hheeellpppp

If you want to keep any fish you need to be able to test your water and understand what is going on. So you will need a test kit to answer these questions. Do you have a way of testing for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate? Have you read the link for cycling a tank provided on this site? Again salt should only be used under certain circumstances, and not as some sort of cure all. If you don't have the test kit, take a sample of water to your local store. Ultimately, the fish you have in a 20 gal, I would keep in a 100gal+, because of the waste they produce. You probably have extreme nitrate levels in that tank, and the sooner you can make a change, the better.

• Rogue_Violetta
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 25

Rogue_Violetta replied the topic: hheeellpppp

Sounds a bit like ammonia and nitrate poisoning. I know from experience, unfortunately. To help, we need to know the levels, and conditioner used- some conditioners affect levels, or interact differently.

The levels will also help us with telling how much to change of the water. Nitrate shock can set in if done incorrectly, which can be quite fatal.

Keeper of the Food Pellets of Malekith the Never Accursed, Lover of Bubbles and Airstones, and Beloved of the Rogue Violetta.

Throw yourself in- use the wrong words, try different foods, kiss random fish. It's an adventure!

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: hheeellpppp

I see that no response has appeared yet addressing the questions we asked you. I will leave this thread open for the time being. However, I do not want to see any questions appearing on any other part of the Forum until you have responded here first.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds