This is crazy! What does it mean?

• evhannah123
  • evhannah123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

evhannah123 created the topic: This is crazy! What does it mean?

I woke up and he had this half black color. He's never done it before

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: This is crazy! What does it mean?

he was half in half out on the sun tannin booth?

that's weird/crazy at the same time , maybe he's just HALF feeling it today? hahahahahha

nothing to be worried about - just a strange color morph...he'll be fine

• evhannah123
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

evhannah123 replied the topic: Re:This is crazy! What does it mean?

Its so weird. It keeps switching. Like he will be half black on the left back then the right back and then he will be just completely half black

• Thank you received: 4

bskelton0907 replied the topic: Re:This is crazy! What does it mean?

Is that a dempsey in there with him? If so is he stressing the oscar out? Oscars only change colors when there moood changes. Dark means stressed and ive noticed oscar to go very light when there excited

• evhannah123
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Yes its a Dempsey hes always been there with the Oscar since day 1 do you really think its all the sudden becoming an issue

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re:This is crazy! What does it mean?

Very weird, never seen anything like that before myself. There is a famous carp here in the UK which is nicknamed Two Tone., Though, I don't think this particular face changes its colour. Just keep an eye on things, let us know if it keeps doing it. Maybe, like what's going on at the time when it changes, are any other fish behaving strangely? Obviously I always say test the water if anything happens in the aquarium

On another note, I noticed a marked on your fishes jaw, can you have a closer like is it just a blemish or is it an open sore/shallow crater

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• evhannah123
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

He's got a a few open wounds I don't know what from because they were small wounds when I bought him now it getting worse. I've been treating with mela fix for a week. The guy at my LPS told me to take media and cartridge out to speed up healing process. Although, I was worried it would stress him out I did anyways. Now this is happening. I put the filter and media back in. Here's a photo of the damage

I'm putting water in his 55g tonight I just got a new tank for him it should be ready at max 4-5 days. Should I wait to put the sand in the new tank or will it make difference? Thanks for the help!

• evhannah123
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

I'm really worried about him. His behaviour is normal. He's eating and swimming. I got my water tested 2 days ago they said the water levels were close to perfect.

• Thank you received: 4

bskelton0907 replied the topic: Re:This is crazy! What does it mean?

Very well can be the dempsey stressing him out. Dempseys can turn psycho and violent out of no where as they mature. Trust me ive owned over 5 pairs in my time and all 5 pairs were the most violent and skittish fish ive owned. When the lights go out at night its all a different story. You cant see the dempsey attacking him. That very well could be a kick from lip locking. Does he seem to change his color when the dempsey os around

• evhannah123
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

evhannah123 replied the topic: Re:Re:This is crazy! What does it mean?

bskelton0907 wrote: Very well can be the dempsey stressing him out. Dempseys can turn psycho and violent out of no where as they mature. Trust me ive owned over 5 pairs in my time and all 5 pairs were the most violent and skittish fish ive owned. When the lights go out at night its all a different story. You cant see the dempsey attacking him. That very well could be a kick from lip locking. Does he seem to change his color when the dempsey os around

Not when I'm around. They act like buddies when I'm by the tank swim next to each other and chill. The Oscar is actually the one I see chasing the Dempsey more than anything. I was going to put the Oscar by himself in the 55 to see if the healing process makes a difference. Should I even consider putting them both in when the oscar heals? The size of the Oscar is much greater than the size of the Dempsey. Don't know if that means anything.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds