Oscar colour

• Broom
  • Broom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Broom created the topic: Oscar colour

It's been a week since I've upgraded my oscars tank and he seems healthy in himself. The only concern I have is he's still quite pale compared to what he looked like in the previous tank. He's fine in himself, comes up to the glass when I walk pass the the tank, eating well.

Is this just as a result of the recent move or is there something else going on with him?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Oscar colour

Is your Oscar fish eating okay? How about his whole demeanour, does that seem normal to you? You say that you have changed your Oscars tank? Did anything else change, what about the colour of the sand, is that always be the white? It could be the fact that because the sand is white, your Oscar is showing pale colours. What food have you been feeding him?

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Broom
  • Broom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Broom replied the topic: Oscar colour

He's eating well just like in his previous tank. I feed him Hikari Chicilid Gold and he has the occasional prawn. He seems normal in himself and very active even more than his old tank.

I didn't even think of the change in substrate colour. Previously he had dark (black) gravel and it's only since the new tank have i changed to the light sand. Sorry to have wasted your time but I didn't think of the change in sand colour.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds