Help with baby oscars

• Austin1021
  • Austin1021's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Austin1021 created the topic: Help with baby oscars

Hey new to the website but not unfamiliar ive always come here for years for information. But like the title says im having a problem with these 2 . Ive had many oscars over the years and never have run into this problem. I have a 90g the one tiger oscar Vader is picking Rex there both tigers normally ive had this problem and they sort it out but what is different about it is that when I turn the lights off at night they go all touchy feely swimminh close and almost dancing if I can call it that around each other with no problems. The water is fine the temp is fine ive re arranged the tank during the day and I know there too young to mate to my knowledge. Idk what to think its been a week and there is no major injuries to Rex just a few scales ruffled but like I said during the night there fine almost uhh stuck to the hip in nature then as soon as morning comes around Vader just chases Rex till he finally goes and hides sorry for babbling on I hope its just a phase or something that can be resolved in time or other measures thanks edit just realized I prob posted this in the wrong topic sorry for being a newbie replies would be nice sont wunna post this twice but if I have to its fine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 254

DRACO replied the topic: Help with baby oscars

welcome on board!

i just move the topic to this section so that people can give feedback accordingly.
my take on your problem = territorial supremacy whereby one want the entire tank..
sometimes, spanking technique works wherein you put the bully in a bucket for 20 minutes
and return to the tank afterwards... the bully may have lost familiarity inside the tank
and may stop bullying...

• Austin1021
  • Austin1021's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Austin1021 replied the topic: Help with baby oscars

I got it all straightened out I moved rm both into separate 55g tanks and moved my 4 year old albino into the 90g with 5 silver dollars everyones happy haha

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds