Tiny white worms only on the glass?

• GrumpyMo
  • GrumpyMo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

GrumpyMo created the topic: Tiny white worms only on the glass?

Well, it seems as though tiny white worms are on my glass, maybe 1mm long. I've seen white squiggly worms about 1cm long floating in the water of my turtle tank (which are gone now as far as I really know) but never in Mo's tank. They also don't share any equipment.

The only things that have been different with the setup itself is I took out my plants (Mo eats them and gets constipation from the roots), and I boiled one of the driftwood pieces (it kept growing a fungus so I figured why not just boil it out, been quite clean ever since)

I gave him a giant earthworm the other day, this worm came from the bait store (neighbor goes fishing a lot), maybe it had a hitchhiker? Some kind of parasite?

I'm trying to vary his diet, but I would like to avoid ending up with parasites. Should I just try to find worms outside my house?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 254

DRACO replied the topic: Tiny white worms only on the glass?

those are unsightly but harmless... just scrub the glass wall before every water change and sooner, they will be gone... later on, you will be surprised there are a lot of red worm (bigger than the white) in your filter media especially the fiber wool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GrumpyMo

• GrumpyMo
  • GrumpyMo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

GrumpyMo replied the topic: Re:Tiny white worms only on the glass?

I've never come across those red ones before but now I won't worry when I see them, thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Thank you received: 1

sonuolover replied the topic: Tiny white worms only on the glass?

I also had those worms in my tank but found harmless & they are gone after 2-3 whole water changes.
I think they grown bcz of some bio waste left during cleaning & water change so there is no need to worry abt them

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds