Bullying

• CaptainMegan
  • CaptainMegan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

CaptainMegan created the topic: Bullying

I just got 3 small, young Oscars. My albino is the biggest, and my boyfriend has a smaller mostly black Oscar and a more colorful, and the smallest Oscar. Well the smallest one is being bullied by my albino. My albino forces the smallest up to the top by itself and the mostly black one and him (the albino) swim around all close. I think my albino is a male, as well as the colorful one, and the mostly black is a girl (or vice versa) and mine is just very territorial. The smallest also isn't eating very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: Bullying

welcome to the community...

well, at that size, you can not ascertain yet whether they are male or female..
as to bullying, it is normal among oscars to be that way... thus, in order to have
oscar community tank, you must have big tank, good filtration, and good feeding regiment.

if i may ask... how big is the tank? most of the time, oscar become bully due to space limitation.

• CaptainMegan
  • CaptainMegan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

CaptainMegan replied the topic: Bullying

for the time being, since they are fairly young and the biggest is only 2.5-3 in., they're in a 37 gallon tank. I just contacted somebody earlier on a 125 they are selling. The 37 is bigger than the ones they were in when we got them. The albino is keeping the smallest from eating sometimes. (S)he went out of his way to eat two minnows at once so the smallest couldn't have one. Thus, we have to feed the smallest by hand to assure he gets one.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds