oscar not growing

• Oscarfish_love
  • Oscarfish_love's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Oscarfish_love created the topic: oscar not growing

Hi I recently bought to Oscar fish from petsmart. I bought both Oscars at the same time from Same tank. One was a tad bit bigger than the other but not by much. I have had them for a month And one Oscar has almost doubled or even tripled in size and the other has stayed seemingly the same size. The bigger one is a black tiger Oscar and the smaller one is an albino tiger Oscar. I know albinos are more prone to health issues. But I have never seen a growth difference like this in Oscars I've had previously. 110 gallon tank. water changes once a week 30% to 50%. I have a moss ball in the tank and have multiple HOB filters together equaling about 200 GPH. both Oscars are eating normally. I feed hikari Gold, some tropical flake, and occasional tetra freeze-dried blood worms. originally I had a lot of bubblers in the tank so there was a pretty strong current throughout the tank. for the last two or three days I've noticed this small Oscar struggling to stay still, so I've reduced the bubblers to only one now. I will attach a picture to anyone can give me suggestions or reasons why such a drastic difference in growth size. thank you in advance.

plus.google.com/+ThomasMarion1313/posts/AyJJAJ1Ke96

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: oscar not growing

as long as you do not see any bullying between the two and both eating normally...
perhaps one is really small genetically... it had happened in my oscar community but after
a year, the smaller one catch - up with the rest of the gang in size

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: oscar not growing

Is the bigger one eating more food? Is the bigger one chasing the small one during feeding or any other time?

• Oscarfish_love
  • Oscarfish_love's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Oscarfish_love replied the topic: oscar not growing

well unfortunately the albino oscar did not make it. I walked in the room and noticed he was laying in the bottom and not the regular kind of laying. he is in fishy heaven. question if a fish is found dead laying on bottom of tank isn't that because it died very recently don't fish sink first then they blow it up with gases and that's what makes them float?

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: oscar not growing

No. It depends on how much air was in the swimming bladder of the fish when it died.

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: oscar not growing

sorry for the loss...

not sure about newly dead fish not floating ...
but most of my big fish that died always remains
at the bottom of the tank...

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds