NLS and Omega 1

• shanghai_ranger
  • shanghai_ranger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

shanghai_ranger created the topic: NLS and Omega 1

Hi All

In NLS and Omega 1, there are so many model under 1 brand for Oscar. Can anyone help which model to buy for Oscar under each brand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: NLS and Omega 1

I am not really familiar with this food, I've never seen it over here in the UK. How about this shrimp-based food? There are loads of foods in their range, you would have to go through them. For a start I wouldn't bother with flakes, so you can cross them off your list. I'm sure somebody will give you advice based on personal experience

www.omegasea.net/products/nutrition/shrimp-pellets

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Thank you received: 40

ehh replied the topic: NLS and Omega 1

i feed my red devil omega 1 medium cichlid pellets.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: NLS and Omega 1

Here's my take on them....& there are quite a few keepers who use NLS , as it does have high quality ingredients; the main thing is it does not contain ethoxyquin, which is a (& correct me if I'm wrong) Vitamin-E based preservative....some people have some reservations on food containing ethoxyquin, but I have been feeding fish foo/dog food w/ that in it for decades w/ absolutely no ill effects, so I consider it unfounded.....that aside, my Jag would not touch NLS, nor any other food stick or pellet I have tried...my guy @ my LFS sold me a small jar of Omega 1, told me if my fish wouldn't eat it, bring it back & I'll refund your money, & the moment I dropped one in my Jag tank he DESTROYED it....so I'm a huge fan of Omega 1, & that's the pellet I recommend(I like Tetra Jumbomin also for large fish)...I break the pellets up for all my fish, & they love it. B)

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: NLS and Omega 1

Agree with the Omega1, as good as there is imo. I use some of their freeze dried as well. I have used NLS as well, not all my fish liked it, and it costs significantly more in my area. Not to dispute its quality, as stated some of our top drawer people speak very highly of it, just didnt go over that well with my stock. I also use Hikari gold and Tetra jumbo carnivore sticks, as well as a bit of Hikari Massivore for my big teeth fellas.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

bermy_boy replied the topic: NLS and Omega 1

I just got some omega1 medium pellets from my LFS. My 2 3inch oscars devour the food

bermy_boy replied the topic: NLS and Omega 1

I use omega1 freshwater flakes, freeze dried krill, med pellets, freeze dried brine shrimp & frozen blood worms. Not all @ once but switch it up daily smetimes even put a few minows in there give my O's smething to chase for a night or 2

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: NLS and Omega 1

This thread is over a month old, but......The feeding of live minnows (or any live aquatic food) is not something we recommend on this site; they can carry all sorts of parasites & pathogens & this will be passed on to your fish. If anyone wishes to feed live food, use earthworms, mealworms, crickets, etc; far more nutritious & infinitely safer.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds