Dainichi cichlid food

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Dainichi cichlid food

Yeah agree nls is damn messy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Re:Dainichi cichlid food

daddadoo7 wrote: Yeah agree nls is damn messy

Yep, but I love the 4.5mm floating pellet. It is the perfect sized food for my big fish and they do not grind it up.

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Re:Dainichi cichlid food

How is NLS messy? I throw it in and it gets gobble up in less than 5 seconds with nothing coming out of the gills. I don't get any residue on the surface.

DMD123 replied the topic: Re:Dainichi cichlid food

Rocksor wrote:

How is NLS messy? I throw it in and it gets gobble up in less than 5 seconds with nothing coming out of the gills. I don't get any residue on the surface.

When I first got back into fish keeping I started with Omega One because it is what the store had when I bought my fish as time progressed I kept hearing how awesome NLS was so I made the switch. I went 100% NLS and nothing but NLS. I found the fish farted out red clouds of waste instead of normal poo. Maybe this was because of the 'easily digested' products used. I also discovered my filters turned red and the amount of waste was horrible. So I started up a mix of foods that include NLS and my filters stay cleaner and the fish seem as healthy and as colorful as when fed just NLS. This was my own personal experience with the product.

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Dainichi cichlid food

Guess my guys are messier...remember rock the only adult fish i have is dory the metae everyone else is kind of small they do make a mess....for me the benefits out way the messiness. I love nls its my staple

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Re:Dainichi cichlid food

DMD123 wrote:

Rocksor wrote:

When I first got back into fish keeping I started with Omega One because it is what the store had when I bought my fish as time progressed I kept hearing how awesome NLS was so I made the switch. I went 100% NLS and nothing but NLS. I found the fish farted out red clouds of waste instead of normal poo. Maybe this was because of the 'easily digested' products used. I also discovered my filters turned red and the amount of waste was horrible. So I started up a mix of foods that include NLS and my filters stay cleaner and the fish seem as healthy and as colorful as when fed just NLS. This was my own personal experience with the product.

I have a different take on the red poo and clouds happening for folks who feed NLS. Since NLS is so dense, if you feed too much, it doesn't get thoroughly digested properly, and is pushed out of the digestive system too early to make room. Sort of like what happens if you eat too much at the All You Can Eat Buffet, and haven't had your daily bowel movement. You're kind forced to have that bowel movement.

I only feed once a day (due to me leaving for work before my fish are awake), and not enough to have a rounded belly, so it's probably why I don't see the reddening of the filter media. The fish are able to swallow whole sinking pellets without any crunching.

DMD123 replied the topic: Dainichi cichlid food

So I just got an email from Danichi's president about the whole situation. :laugh: She and I had considered the matter settled. The company I bought the product from is basically trying to over compensate for the fact they had an email snafu and did not respond back to me for three months. The only real issue I had with Dainichi was the fact I spent money to send defective product back but I did receive a small sample of food I had asked for so I pretty much called it a wash. I guess I did expect a little bit more from them in the sense that I though my expenses should have been compensated with maybe a little more product or something but I had considered the matter done.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds