need a good diet for my Oscar

• a.shelton88
  • a.shelton88's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

a.shelton88 created the topic: need a good diet for my Oscar

i have a roughly 5 inch tiger Oscar in a 55 gallon tank. i feed him tetra cichlid floating sticks, tetra cichlid pellets, and hikari cichlid staple. i also give em blood worms and crickets from time to time. any brands or other help would be nice, he is a little pale and wondering what, if any thing i could do to help this. i have a sun sun canister, and aqueon hanging, my water parameters are usual pretty good since i got the new filter running. just wondering some good foods for my O

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: need a good diet for my Oscar

a.shelton88 wrote: i have a roughly 5 inch tiger Oscar in a 55 gallon tank. i feed him tetra cichlid floating sticks, tetra cichlid pellets, and hikari cichlid staple. i also give em blood worms and crickets from time to time. any brands or other help would be nice, he is a little pale and wondering what, if any thing i could do to help this. i have a sun sun canister, and aqueon hanging, my water parameters are usual pretty good since i got the new filter running. just wondering some good foods for my O

How long has the filter been running with fish in the tank?

What are your readings for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, PH?

How often do you perform partial water changes, & how much volume each time?

I would recommend adding FD krill soaked in Boyd's VitaChem 1X daily.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: need a good diet for my Oscar

X2 on the krill, fish do very well with it. I would also recommend Omega1 cichlid pellets, small for now, as well as a spirulina based pellet as at least 25% of his overall diet. I use HBH super soft spirulina pellets with all my cichlids, a great benefit for their digestion.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds