UK available food.... Which best for 1.5 inch baby?

• claudia1066
  • claudia1066's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 0

claudia1066 created the topic: UK available food.... Which best for 1.5 inch baby?

All I can realistically find is Hikari Gold 1mm. Can't get the Hikari Bio-Gold over here. Can't get Omega One over here.

I can get New Life Spectrum, but don't like that they're sinking pellets.

What can people in UK recommend as the best available diet for my wee man?

(He's presently eating Hikari Gold 1mm)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: UK available food.... Which best for 1.5 inch baby?

If you shop around you should be able to find various different cichlid pellets of varying sizes

Check the link out below, there are several links to UK sites that will probably stop different types of food. I am in the UK, and I did buy some OSCAR grow some time ago, for the life of me I cannot remember where I got it from day. Shop around online, you'll find plenty available.

www.oscarfishlover.com/helpful-articles/aquatic-online-suppliers

However, what you are feeding at the moment is absolutely ideal. It's always a good idea to vary the diet slightly instead of giving the Oscar one type of food all the time, you do run the risk of them becoming hooked on it and then turning their noses up to other foods later on. If it's a very small Oscar then you can supplement their diet with bloodworm, they will love that. There are various other frozen foods that you can get in the UK, I think Ocean nutrition make quite a lot of different foods and should be ready are available at most fish stores.

Here is a list of foods that will be perfectly okay for your Oscar. Larger foods may have to be chopped into small pieces.

www.oscarfishlover.com/oscar-fish-food/oscar-fish-food

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: claudia1066

• claudia1066
  • claudia1066's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 0

claudia1066 replied the topic: UK available food.... Which best for 1.5 inch baby?

I found some NLS cichlid and Thera A

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: UK available food.... Which best for 1.5 inch baby?

Over time they will get used to sinking pellets.

New Era (made in the UK) is much better than Ocean Nutrition. It's a moist food and you can pinch them together to make a bigger pellet. I would go for the New Era pellets that have spirulina in it. It doesn't matter name of the New Era pellets, since a majority of the ingredients are the same. The one that is substantially different are the New Era Aegis Pellets. Those have an extra ingredient for ocean fish. New Era will make the poo of your oscar white, and I think it is because of the mussels in the food.

Ocean Nutrition isn't producing good fish food like they used to.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds