can i feed this to my oscar how many times?

• Gaarakilla19
  • Gaarakilla19's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29

Gaarakilla19 created the topic: can i feed this to my oscar how many times?

i cut up tiny medium pellet size pieces of carrot today and fed to oscar he seems to love them, i was wondering since hes a lutino its a double positive causei heard they lose sight older age or something with bright lights also, but anyway i was wonderin since its good vitamin i think how many times a week can i feed him this with hikari gold pellets? i plan on gettin omega 1 when i can

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 10

Peeps replied the topic: can i feed this to my oscar how many times?

Hay, if he likes carrots go for it, it can't hurt. I would feed this once or twice a week.

• Thank you received: 18

Sosban Fach replied the topic: can i feed this to my oscar how many times?

Never heard of Albinos looseing there eyesight, can't imagine why.

If this is going on carrots make you see in the dark. Thats just plain funny. Theres actually been studies on this old wives tale. Your skin will turn orange before it actaully assists your eyesight at all.

And you need to eat nothing but carrots all the time.

So I would say if your Oscar likes carrots awesome its a good source of vitamin c for them. Keep it up. I think I will try the same when I get home.

But no it won't affect his eyes.

Don't forget there are many different types of vitamin. The most comprehensive source of the required vitamins is boyds vita-chem.

Ive got some liquid multi vitamins for humans and it doen'st have the same mix or concentrations. It also has a very short shelf life. I will be getting boyds in the future.

• Gaarakilla19
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Gaarakilla19 replied the topic: can i feed this to my oscar how many times?

okay , well iv read up that in the Amazon its one of their natural foods (carrots) so its not good for me to feed him these every other day? and i give him blood worms once or twice a week and hikari gold daily

• Thank you received: 254

DRACO replied the topic: can i feed this to my oscar how many times?

if your fish eats carrots, that would be fine on daily basis... it will enhance the coloring...
we normally do that with flowerhorn... my oscar don't like it but the pacu did...

• Gaarakilla19
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

yes he seems to love em ,ima feed him half and half daily portions of carrots and hikari gold and twice a week blood worms o; sounds good? also when i get omega1 ima try to use that instead of my hikari gold or should i take out the carrots and hikari and omega 1 mixture?

• Thank you received: 254

DRACO replied the topic: can i feed this to my oscar how many times?

Gaarakilla19 wrote: i cut up tiny medium pellet size pieces of carrot today and fed to oscar he seems to love them, i was wondering since hes a lutino its a double positive causei heard they lose sight older age or something with bright lights also, but anyway i was wonderin since its good vitamin i think how many times a week can i feed him this with hikari gold pellets? i plan on gettin omega 1 when i can

i am not sure about the losing sight... where did you hear that? my lutino has been blind for almost a year now...
take notice of the eyes, left eye is different from the right eye

• Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: can i feed this to my oscar how many times?

i would love to get my O to eat some veggies ...... and bring out his color ~ that guy wouldn't touch it.... :pinch:

• Gaarakilla19
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

oh ;o my juvi loves his carrot n pellet mix and Draco iv heard it from Streetsmart i believe , and TEHMOLE, did u try to wait a couple days or however and then try to introduce the carrots? P.S also what size of my oscar uthink i should get a divider forwater changes? i havnt gotten python im workin on aquaclear 110 atm and also for carrots its fine if i just rinse them with my water from tap? just one i use a baby i slice it once a thin slice n cube it up n feed him about 4-5 carrot medium pellets and 4 hikari gold

• Gaarakilla19
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds